Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default anxiety attack - help?

I had to bring my boyfriend to the emergency today and decided I would try to sit and wait with him - this was a BAD idea. There was a woman who was OBVIOUSLY v*ing and she kept walking past me. I had to leave after about 3 minutes. Am I "safe"? I'm probably over-thinking this but any advice would help. Thanks.

Default Re: anxiety attack - help?

Please try not to panic, chances are you'll be absolutely fine. It's highly unlikely you'll get ill unless she v* near you or you had direct contact with her or any surfaces she touched in the bathroom (which, being an emet, I know you won't have ). Also, it may not even have been a sv, people go to hospital for all manner of things that could cause v* and aren't catching.

Default Re: anxiety attack - help?

Thanks, that helps. I saw her come out of one room and head to the bathroom, and she walked like right in front of me so that started my anxiety snowballing. She wasn't actually sick in the same room as me though so I'm trying to stay positive.

I know I'm probably fine, but the emetophobic in my wants to tell me no.