You know the game: you're on a desert island (I know right now for some of us that would be a dream come true) and you get only so many songs to listen to. How do you listen to them? I dunno, that's not really important. Let's pick five, let us know why you picked them:

1. "I Might Be Wrong," Radiohead

This was the song I listened to nonstop from about 2001 to 2003. It's sort of downtrodden (like most of my favourite songs) and wistful. There's a longing in it that I love.

2. "I've Been Loving You Too Long," Otis Redding

Sort of the perfect soul song, I have read it described as downright painful to listen to. That sums it up pretty well.

3. "Wake Up," The Arcade Fire

A more uplifting tune, from start to finish it's absolutely amazing. It's a celebration of everything ecstatic.

4. "So What," Miles Davis

I'm not sure I could pinpoint why this particular jazz tune is the go-to standard. What amazes me is that no matter how many times I hear it, it doesn't become a cliche like some standards.

5. "Hounds of Love," Kate Bush

Sort of a strange pick, but this has long been one of my favourite pop tunes. I guess Kate Bush didn't catch on in America the way she did in the UK, so this one is a bit of a nostalgic pick for my childhood in the eighties, growing up in England.