Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Guys, I'm so freaked out right now. I'm supposed to start a new job in the morning, and I'm starting to feel like I'm catching the flu. I feel a bit achy and cold. There is no way (even if it doesn't affect my stomach) that I'll be calm at work tomorrow. I know I'll be worried the whole time about getting sick to my stomach. Do I call my new boss this evening and tell her or should I wait and see how I feel in the morning? How is it going to look if I don't make it to work on my very first day? HELP!!

Anna [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Well I doubt they would want you to come in if you were sick, even if it were your first day. I guess I would wait until the morning to see how you feel and call at that time if you really are sick. You don't want it to be a false alarm and call tonight and then wake up fine in the morning. I hope you're feeling better, and that you are able to go in for your first day, good luck and let us know how things are.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I know that this might not help (although repititious reassurance always seems to help me), but I could almost guarantee that your body is just reacting to nerves about your new job. --Every time any of us does something new, we think, "what if i have a panic attack while I'm there!?" I know it's scary, and every time feels different, like "this is it!", but try to treat tonite like any normal nite and chances are tomorrow morning you'll wake up feeling determined and excited!

I know exactly how you feel. When I started my job lasy May, I
    was a wreck! I swore I was comming down with a cold that
    morning. But I went anyway, and suprise, an hour into my first
    day on the job, I was fine. You get so busy, you don't have time
    to worry. However, if you wake up tommorow, and have a fever, you
    shouldn't go in. They should be understanding. I can't
    imagine them wanting a sick person to come in just because it's the
    first day. So try to relax, read a book, don't think about
    tommorow. You'll be fine. Carrie