Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This is very OT, but when it's 2am and you can't sleep, you gotta whine somewhere, right? Thanks for listening.....So, this is my third night in a row of horrible pain in my tooth/jaw area. I think it is sinus related cause I have a cold and this pain always worsens at night and when I lie down! It is the most excruciating pain..... Tonight is the worst night for it yet, so I called my doctor (or the one on call at 2am) and she just told me to call in the am and make an appointment, take Tylenol and sleep with my head elevated. I have been trying those things! So, tonight I have a feeling, I might not sleep at all!! It just hurts too much! I even tried a Tylenol PM....and later, a shot of vodka! Nothing's working!! So, tomorrow, I get to see th doctor. Oh, joy. I pray it is not dental, because I am afraid of the dentist, have no dental insurance, no dentist and no money!!! So, please think of me (and pray if that's what you do), and if you are online, say hi, cause I think I will be here all night!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Aww, that sounds awful. Have you tried Sinutab or Tylenol Sinus? You
    could try sleeping with your head elevated.
    Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you. I'll be praying for you.
    *hugs*
    --Alli
    <font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.</font>
    —Seneca</font>

Hi Mary,

One time I had that same type of pain and it turned out I had an infection in my jaw, they gave me antibiotics and I was fine! So even if it is tooth/jaw related, you don't necessarily need a dentist. Did you go to the doctor? How'd it go? Hope things are better today!

Josie

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Thanks guys! I am on hold with the doctor's office right now! I should be going in there today! I will let you know how it goes. I finally went to sleep at maybe 4:30 and it felt better when I first got up, but it is started to hurt a little now.....Yuck!

Mary

Ugh. They can't fit me in till 1:30. I will post back after that....

Mary

Hey Mary... I'm glad you're going to the doctor. I'm really sorryI wasn't here to talk to you in the middle of the night when you were still awake and in pain. I hope you feel better. I will talk to you later.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dont worry about coming here and moaning.. its what we're here for and it sounds lke u need a good talk to get it all off ur chest.

i hope theappointment with the doctor goes ok, im sorry you feel so rough, but it will clear up im sure, and we'll all here for you every step of the way!

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, guys. I just got back from the doctor. They weren't really sure what was wrong with me. They think it is sinus related, so they gave me a decongestant and a pain killer anti- nflammatory thing....naproxen. Have any of you had it? Of course, the first thing I asked was "Will it upset my stomach?" He just said to take it with milk which I think is nasty! I just really hope it works, cause I am in MAJOR PAIN!!

Thanks for listening.

Mary

I often take naproxen ..um...theres another part..like sodium or somthing..its a spectacular apin killer and has never given me any tummy troubles!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Thanks for responding. I vaguely remember being prescribed that as a teen for cramps. Well, I have only taken one so far, and it was like 8 hours ago...I am supposed to take it one every 12 hours....and now it really hurts again! I am scared to go to bed, cause this will be the 4th night in a row with no sleep, and I swear I will go insane! Tonight I just burst into tears over nothing and I know it's cause I am sleep deprived! Please pray that I get some sleep tonight!

Thanks,

Mary

Have you tried steam? Part-fill a basin with steaming-hot (not boiling) water, add some menthol vapour-rub if you have any, or a couple of drops of Olbas Oil (do you have that in the US?), then put your face over the bowl, cover your head and the bowl with a towel so that the steam is kept in and breathe deep, in through your nose if you can. I have suffered badly with sinusitis in the past and steam has worked wonders at easing that horrible pressure-pain. I hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes, Jill xxx

Thanks. And, yes, I did try steam on Tues night when it was horrible! It seemed to help while I was doing it, but then it hurt again afterwards. I am beginning to think it is a tooth thing, so I scheduled an appointment with the dentist for tomorrow morning! I am petrified!! I think maybe I have a tooth issue that was aggravated by a sinus problem. I think the medicine helped my sinuses, so now just my tooth hurts! So, please pray that it's not something horrible! I am a big baby!!

Mary

Sorry i didnt see this post before...aww..I hope you are okay!! I'm thinking of you, [and your not a big baby! Its alright to whine! =)]
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Thanks, wing!! I am sooo scared of the dentist!!!! Think of me tomorrow, guys!!! I'll let you know what happens...

Mary