Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default therapists in arkansas

I'm looking for a therapist for my 12-year-old daughter. She has quit attending school. The folks she has been working with insist it's OCD, but all her fear centers around vomit and avoiding people who vomit/vomiting herself. She has been doing CBT-Exposure, but it's real general - " go take her to public bathrooms". She refuses to get out of the house most of the time...Help

Default Re: therapists in arkansas

Hi Caro,
    I'm sorry that I don't know anyone in Arkansas that might help you. However, the articles I've written on the "Information and Research" section of this website might help you and your daughter's therapist a great deal. For instance, there is a much better gradual exposure process than taking her to public bathrooms.
    And don't worry too much about their OCD diagnosis. OCD is an anxiety disorder, and so the treatment for it is exactly the same as for phobias. The problem in both cases is anxiety - whether it's in avoidance of a stimulus (like vomiting) or in rituals or superstitions that the patient believes will help them avoid the stimulus (OCD)

Good luck and if you find some good treatment in Arkansas please let me know as I'm collecting names of good therapists world-wide.
    All the best,
    Sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: therapists in arkansas

Does anyone know of a therapist in Illinois? I live in Champaign but am willing to travel to Chicago, Indianapolis, St. Louis, etc. I've had this problem for 17 years and I'm so tired of it.