Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Has anyone heard of/tried...

this treatment? http://www.emetophobiaeraser.com/index.php it seems pretty cool, and it's not tooo expensive. I'm just nervous about scams and stuff, you know?

Default Re: Has anyone heard of/tried...

Well it says you can give the programme a try for 8 weeks and get a refund if you don't think it's working, if you're interested maybe you should consider it, the only trouble is knowing if it is a scam or not, no one knows until they take the plunge

Judging by the information about its creator, Jillian Stevens, I would think this product would be safe, as far as getting money back if you wanted it. She seems to be a legitimate figure in the mental health field, so most likely the program is true to its word about money back.

I know some people on here have bought it, but I have not personally used it. I seem to remember it's decent exposure therapy, but nothing special. But once again, I've never touched it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That particular program is undergoing a complete overhaul just now so hang on for a bit before you buy it. As it is now, the program is really just good "self-help" stuff and doesn't address the phobia in particular. But the newer version should be really good - I know the person who's doing it.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

What exactely is the treatement .... is it like a set programme that you get sent? I couldnt work the link, its my laptop probs! xxxxx
    'I dont believe in the afterlife...but im taking a change of underwear just in case' (Woody Allen)

You pay for the download and it's a set of e-books or booklets. It's all about being positive and such...

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Hi there,

Do you have any idea when the new version will be available? Thanks!

Not sure when - but stay tuned to this website and we'll let you know.

Thanks a lot, guys. also, the lion/lamb picture is cute.

I am wondering about this program as well. I just found a name for my phobia a few days ago, it feels great to know that after 8 years of struggling with this, I am not alone. I always just thought I was "weird" but apparently there are a lot of people just like myself. Does anyone have any good tips on how to over come this or if the Eraser program really works? If so, I would love to hear from you. I am willing to try anything. I can't go on like this for much longer!

I just received an email that the new version is available. It is now called the Emetophobia Recovery System. I am not able to post a link b/c I have not posted here often enough but just google it and it will pop up.

Yup, there's a stickied announcement on this board about it

About the Recovery program...i just purchased it yesterday....my husband said if $87 will help you, it's the best $87 i've ever spent. It comes to $101.97 with the $14.97 shipping...who knows...can't hurt i guess!
    Everything happens for a reason...

I am also interested in buying this program. I REALLY want to kick this phobia in the butt.

I would love to hear of anyone's experience with this. I don't have the option of going to a therapist where I live, there are none. If I can get this program and work on it at home myself, that would would out great.

Please keep us updated as you do it!

Mindy, where do you live in Canada? (pm me the answer...perhaps I can help you find someone nearby)

Just sent a PM. Thank you

Wow this is so helpful because I was going to purchase this also but did not whether I should "take the plunge" into something that may be a scam? I don't know much about the authors credentials? anyone know?

Oh, please keep me updated! I'm thinking about doing this, along with the EFT I'm already trying. I need all the help I can get!

I don't know the author's credentials but I do know that one of the experts interviewed on the tapes is a friend of mine and his credentials are impeccable. He's a psychologist & professor at two prominent universities here in Canada. The program interviews experts in a wide range of types of therapy, from what I understand.

It may or may not be helpful but it's not a scam.

I have a copy of the program, it's high quality stuff. And as to the credentials of the author, it's the very admin of this forum! The program has material from a lot of experts and has some truly clever and effective techniques. Check the site in my signature for a review of it