Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hello, just need to talk.

Morning everyone,

I'm new to this site & just need to chat. I'm really very sorry as this will probably sound so selfish. My husband woke in the early hours of this morning & v*. I couldn't sleep in the same room after this so came downstairs & stayed awake until 6am. I woke on the settee to the sound of him v* again upstairs. I am a nervous wreck, shaking & don't feel I can cope with it & just needed to tell someone!! I'm not sure whether it's a sv or something he ate last night as we ate out (he is very rarely poorly). He's sleeping now, & I think I'm going to take the dog out for a walk so I can 'escape'. I'm hoping this all makes sense to you all. I have been to check on him, in case you all think I've left him, lol! I just hope also that I don't get whatever he has. Thank-you for listening to me! xxxx

Default Re: Hello, just need to talk.

welcome to the site......horrible experience you're having right now.....hope that you are resting....i dont think you're selfish.....i often think if my husband gets sick i will go stay with friends.....we only have one bathroom and i know i would totally freak at the thought of "sharing" it with him when he's sick.................can't help itthough.....

hope you are doing ok.......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't feel bad, my husband as choking on it while passed out once and instead of helping him I called his friend to come over and help I felt so bad! Another time he was sick he asked if I'd come sit by him and I couldn't do it!

Welcome to the forums! If he understands your fear, dont feel bad about not being able to be around him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome I feel quite bad for you, but your handling it really well, its not your fault you fear it! Anyway I think your handling it just as any non-emet would

Good luck xxx
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"

dont feel bad at all...you are not alone and welcome...my husband was sick a couple months ago...never vomitted but he did have diarrhea and was very sick...I knew it was a stomach virus bc he got it 72 hrs after our son and he was sleeping right next to him...well anyway, i didnt go near him, he slept on the bathroom floor in the guest bathroom (i made him) and i was also angry at him for getting sick...i called him dirty, i was so upet...he never gets sick, so it was very hard for me to deal with...good luck...just steer cleer!

Thank-you all so much for your replies! He knows how I feel about people V*, so said he understood. I had to call my mom & his parents to come help me as I just couldn't cope with it - although he was only ill 3 times. I thought he was better as he hadn't been ill for about 6 hours, then it happened again!! I slept in another bedroom last night! Think he is better this morning, but I just hope & pray that I don't get ill with it. Thank-you all so much again for your understanding xxxx

Welcome to the site! I don't think it was selfish of you to want to escape. It's a phobia and perfectly understandable if you can't handle it. If it makes you feel better, you did a lot better than I would have! When somebody v* in front of me, I get really upset at angry with them. Like really MAD at them, even though I know it's not their fault and they can't help it and they feel bad enough as it is.
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin