Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sertraline/Zoloft

I have just been given this medication 50mg a day for bad anxiety. However I've heard a lot about side effects upsetting the stomach, loose bowels, insomnia, dizziness etc. I wondered how many others have taken this and their experiences? I'm worried about taking it, as I have severe emetophobia, as well as being a very low weight, and IBS.

Default Re: Sertraline/Zoloft

I take Sertraline. I take 150 mg a day. I have been on this med for about 6 years. I feel much better since I have been on this med. My panic attacks happen much less often then the used to. But there can be side effects. Now this is my expierince, please dont let it scare you but Im just being honest.

First let me start of by saying I did not vomit. Nor did I feel sick like I may vomit. But I did have d* for like 2 months wich is NUTS. I had it everyday pretty much for 2 full months. It was weird. I even call my dr to find out if this was normal. He said that yes it is a common side effect and usally passes once your body gets used to the med. I didn't have stomach aches just this d*. But I delt with it and it did pass on its own.

That being said, I would do it all over again. I feel like being on this med has helped me in so many ways. I had no other side effects at all.

Give it a chance. And remember this was my experince it may be different for you.

Good luck!

i have tried zoloft and celexa and I had awful side effects, nausea (sometimes debilitatiing), dizziness, headaches, gas, diarrhea, and anxiety...I really couldnt even get to the 2 week mark bc I just felt so terrible, also I felt like I wasnt living in my body if that makes any sense. I am not a fan of meds anyway, but I had gotten really bad and decided that I needed something...but I just cant deal with that, so I am off them now .It is weird though, bc I have taken zoloft before, a couple of years ago and I never had any issues with it...It is different for everyone, and I don't want to scare you with my experience, it might work very well for you...good luck.

I took zoloft for 3 years and it really helped me. I started out with 50 mg but over the years I had to keep increasing in order for it to remain effective. I didn't have any noticable problems except weight gain, but I thought that was just from finally eating after starving myself for so long. But I kept gaining weight and when I would diet I couldn't even lose 5 pounds after 3 months of strict meals and exercising. I decided I didn't want to be on the meds forever anyway so with lots of help I gradually went off of Zoloft. Since then I have lost ten pounds and counting. I still reccomend Zoloft though because I would rather gain weight than suffer from anxiety.