Hey all,

As you can tell by my signature, I consider myself to be a recovered emetophobic. Anywho, I'm making the decision to not return to this site again.

While it can be very helpful, particularly for those in the midst of an anxiety attack, I find that it brings in the negative thoughts that I worked so hard to overcome.

Vomiting is not the worst thing in the world. It's not life changing and it shouldn't be memorable. It's a perfectly normal human activity.

Obviously, those suffering from this phobia don't think so, and that's okay, but if you want to recover (and stay that way) you have to stop thinking otherwise.

My advice to those in the midst of therapy or recovery is to stop visiting this site - or at least do it less frequently.

This site is a wonderful resource and was great when I was having late night "nausea" attacks, but it's time to move on. I want this phobia to be my past and when I visit here - even it's just to be supportive or give advice - I find that my thoughts of vomiting increase tenfold.

Most people don't think about throwing up at all through out the day, but for emets it's an obsession. I think we all know how unhealthy that can be.

Sorry for the long and rambly post, but I just wanted to share my final thoughts. Best of luck to those trying to overcome this phobia: rest assured, it is possible.

-Ellie