Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Curious about how you feel after

OK so sorry if this doesnt make sense but im just curious to see if others are the same as me.

When i have a bad attack of feeling N or if i have D and have a major panic and my husband comforts me and tries his hardest to help me get through it after when i am rational i get depressed as i have to wonder if he doesnt wish he was married to someone "normal" and i ask him how he could possibly love me want me when i act like a 2 year old if i feel S.

He has a major phobia of spiders and i can rationalize his fear and help him through something happening like when he rung me to scared to get back in the car because a huntsman was in there and when he got home i went out and killed said spider and tried to calm him down and reassure him and that was fine and to me he didnt carry on like a 2 year old as its a NORMAL fear where i have problems thinking of Emet as normal

SO if you could follow this do you ever feel the same and have the same worries ?

Default Re: Curious about how you feel after

Yeah I get to feeling horribly depressed the next morning after I have a horrible panic attack. But I don't have a husband. I manage to drive them men away with my craziness well before we reach that point. If you've made it this far, he must love you and feel that the good things you have to offer far outweigh any possible "bad". Nobody is perfect. It sounds like you two complement each other

My partner is supportive but I always feel like he secretly wishes he was with someone that was more 'low maintenance'. Of course, in reality, I'm sure that doesn't even cross his mind but I still think it.

I'm sure your husband doesn't think twice about it either - just like you don't really think twice about his phobia (good job with the huntsman, by the way, I'd have run a MILE, they're MASSIVE!). I don't think a fear of spiders is any more 'normal' than a fear of v*, they're both irrational, it's just that one is - for some stupid reason - more socially acceptable than the other.

Like all relationships, you take the good with the bad. Everyone's got their faults and quirks and ours happens to be emetophobia.

Im sorry you feel this way but Im sure everyone has some sort of 'issue' and Im sure your husband sees it as your vulnerable side and rather cute... I do feel like that too with my family, they are all sick of me so I just keep out of their way a bit... but I wouldn't worry too much
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.