Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi there~

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions how I can help my best friend out, she is a bulemic! I guess I am not sure how to deal with this, she has lost 70 pounds in the last year and we assumed that was what she was doing because she was in the bathroom right after eating all the time. Now she has finally admitted that she was doing this for quite some time, I want to help her but that is a strange situation for me, I am afraid of it and she does it on purpose~ugh! She is very thin and is considering going off the Pill to become pregnant, I want her healthy first before she has any children. Please any help or suggestions for me to help her would be wonderful!

Thank you~Nicky

Hey...

I know exactly what you're battling. I have a friend that I've literally known since the day I was born, and she has been bulimic since she was like 11 years old. Crazy sounding, but no one knew until she was about 16. Since she was 11, she told me she had some problem with her esophogus that made her get sick a lot...and it didn't help that her family was in denial.How ignorant can you be? She didn't even tell me for sooo long, and I was so upset. I was her best friend!I mean, I knew what was going on with her, but I didn't want to be like "I know you're a f*cking bulimic, so stop lying to me!" But, she eventually told me the truth. Since the age of about 14 she's been in and out of treatments for it, including being hospitalized. She's 19 now, doing pretty well. I mean, an eating disorder is something the victim has to deal with for the rest of his/her life. She still relapses sometimes, which is horrible since she's been in different treatments for so many years.She's just a hard girl to crack, I guess. She goes to therapy three times a week in San Francisco... and visits a nutritionalist.

The point to this story is, that I have dealt with the same thing generally and you can talk to me, and thatsomeone with an eating disorder (which are ALL very serious) generally cannot get any better without therapy. Your friend needs help. It is also very important that she doesn't try and get pregnant at this point. If she does, she can harm the fetus doing what she is, and considering she's not getting enough nutrients for herself, how is she going to provide that for a growing baby? Your friend absolutely needs help. She needs to be talked about the dangers of getting pregnant while having a disease like this. Please let me know how you're doing and how she is doing. If you'd like to talk to me, Email me at [email protected], or IM me on AIM on GreenEydGlare.

Also, just know that this isn't something you can catch. As an emet, you have to know that there is no way that her disease can get to you, it can only harm her. The only reason it was hard for me to know that my friend was v*ing on purpose was because I knew that if she didn't get some good help, she was going to die from V*ing too much. Anyway, talk to you later. I hope I helped.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

heya, i know a bulimic very well, and what surprises me is she also classes herself as emetophobic. shes afriad of other people v*ing, but she, obviouslyt, is not afraid of herself doing it!

anyway as Allie said this person needs professional help, there is absolutely no way you can do anything yourself which is gnna miraciously cure her.

depending on her parent situation, she can either tell her parents satraight away, or if shes not comfortabl;e with that (most people arent) the school nurse or head of year is often a good place to start.

as for her wanting to become pregnant... i cannot think why on earth she's in such a rush to do that, but she does need to get healthy first, otehrwise it will kill her and the baby. maybe have a serious talk with her about that and make sure she understands this and takes it in.

there are many support groups on the internet, which have message boards just liek these ones, which might be helpful.

so, yeah, hope everything wit ur friend turns out OK,

Jen xxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.