Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Noro or Food Poisoning?

Hey guys - new here. Want to get your opinions. My girlfriend who usually always has something going on with her, came down with something the other night. Around 2am, Saturday night, she woke up with d*...around 5am she began to v*. She only v* about 4 or 5 times...this lasted until about 11am and the d* was gone around 2pm. We went to Urgent Care last night cause she was having back pain and knee pain that was really bothering her. The doctor said he wasn't really sure what it would have been. If it was a Noro he thinks it would have been a little more intense...she was also having MAJOR cramps earlier in the day. Can't really pinpoint what she would have eaten, but she does have a pretty sensitive stomach. Obviously I'm a little freaked out...feeling "ok" today, but had a hard time sleeping last night and having a hard time at work today. If it was just food or something else, it would set me 100% at ease. She's feeling better today, still has the back pain, but overall, hasn't been s*. Dr. said it wasn't kidneys or gallbladder, although she did have a kidney infection about 3 months ago. I feel selfish and I did the best I could yesterday...the v* wasnt that bad...no heaves pretty low key but obviously I don't want to take it on. Please offer some advice...also, if it was a Noro (we live together) chance are I would have caught it by now right? Thanks.

Default Re: Noro or Food Poisoning?

Hey man,
    Sorry to have missed this. I think you really did yourself proud and did well for your girlfriend. You may well not have caught or be doomed to catching it even if you do live together. The typical incubation time is 12-48 hours, it can be a hair longer or shorter in some cases. Bear in mind some surfaces around the house could still be contaminated if it is a SV. The toilet and taps, light switches and anything else in the bathroom are most likely to be a problem. If you want help here in the future, most people post in the private forum even for stuff that is not strictly private. It has the highest "traffic" I hope you are staying healthy and not worrying, and that you will be part of our community of we can help you...or stay away if we make you more fearful! All the best,
    JD

I have a feeling it was food poisoning because of the gap between the diarrhea and the vomiting. You make it sound like 4-5 times is not many to puke. Many of us who post here haven't puked at all in over 20 years! 4 times is more than I remember doing in my life.

If it was norovirus, you would be likely to come down with it 48 hours after you were exposed to her. She is contagious for 48 hours after her symptoms end, or until 2 PM Tuesday. It is now Wednesday. You should be in the clear now, or at least after 2 PM Thursday.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sounds like stomach flu to me.

It sounds like a stomach virus to me, especially with the back pain. I always get that with a virus. You should be fine now. I'd just make sure you clean around your apartment or house to kill any lingering germs.

I think it was probably noro, but if you don't have it by now you probably won't get it at all.