Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: belly rings

has anyone here had/have one?

Ive had mine pierced 2 times. both time it was rejected! I thought it might be the metal, so I bought a different kind, and that STILL rejected. its so frustrating. I have my nose, and ears done and they are fine.

I really want it to stay in ( I was pierced with a ring and changed to a barbell about 3 months in each time) does anyone have suggestions or think I shouldn't try it again?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I've had mine done once when I was 14. It got infected and formed a beautiful pus filled bubble. So I took it out. I'm planning on getting it repierced this month actually. My doctor said she'd give me an antibiotic to prevent infection since I had such a hard time with it last time.

I think you should try again. Third time is a charm --supposedly.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I used to be an apprentice for a piercer and here are a few guidelines regarding navel piercings:

1. Every body is different, and based on how you stomach (an any other anatomy)is rubbing your clothing, seat belt, etc., it may be affected.

2. Keep in mind that gravity is working against you, so your body's first reaction is "spit" the ring out. Navel's are a hard area.

3. Infection there is something that happens A LOT. The oils and dead skin are slinding down the abdomen and that causes infection.

As for the metal, you could try hematite or niobium. Both are more expensive than stainless steel, but both have different properties. As for aftercare, the best (and only) aftercare that you should do is clean it twice daily (or is visibly dirty) with antibacterial soap (not scented or colored) and warm water. Do NOT use antibacterial creams, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, etc, as they are too harsh for the piercing. Also, make sure that you use a ring, not a stud. A stud is too confining and causes migration!

If you have questions, please send me a PM and good luck!

Mara

I have my belly pierced and never had a problem with it except for a minor infection at the beginning and I used teatree oil (can't remember how to spell it, but I bought it at a natural store)....I can't wear nothing else but gold in my ears because I react right away.....

My sister can wear anything anywhere, and like you, has her ears and nose pierced and tried twice with her belly, she's decided to go for it again but this time to try with a gold barbell instead.

Maybe gold is your solution or what Mara said could be right as well, once my sister tries this, she will know for sure if it was the metal or just her body that won't accept the piercing!

Good luck on what you do with this, and let us know how it turns out!

Sonia

i have my belly pierced.. and it's closed up a couple of times..annoying isn't it.
    what was the nose piercing like! i reallly want that done!

I've had mine done since I was 15, and I've never had a problem with it. Try again and make sure to keep it very clean!

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have had mine pierced. No infection at all. I was told to keep it clean with antibacterial liquid soap and not to go swimming for the first month, also to wear clothing that it would not snag on. I followed all the instructions, and now I have had the piercing for years and it's absolutely fine.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I have had my eyebrow, nose, cartilage, and belly pierced. Oh, and lobes..LOL! Anyways, I closed up all but my belly and and lobes. I have had my belly pierced for about 4-5 years now, and never had infection. In fact, I tried to close the hole after 2 years, and it won't close!! Anyway, from time to time, I will put a naval ring in and it goes in just fine, but if I leave it in, it turns red and itches, and gets very irritated; so...then I take it out. If it is summer, I leave one in while I am in my swim suit, and eventually the irritation goes away. Weird I know...[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]Charlotte

I got my belly button pierced when I was 21. I'm 29 now. It's never gotten infected. I've even changed rings several times. Maybe you are just allergic to the metals. Have you tried Neosporin on it? That's what I used when I first got it pierced. It worked for me. Good luck. Mel

i have my navel pierced and i got an infection about 3 weeks after i had it done, but i used an antiseptic wash about 4 times a day and it went away. I can only wear surgical steel or gold jewellery so it could me te type of metal u use. Butmaybe ur body just cant deal with that piercing? I alo used to have my tongue and lip pierced and i have my nose dne and all up my ears lol!try talking to ur piercer and see what they have to say!!
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

well, all my friends keep telling menot to go for it again. They are probably right. I may end up too many scares.

as for the nose ring, I got it done last march.. I love it. it hurt when i got it done but itwas so worth it!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh