Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Im just really stressed out at the mo, booked 2 xmas parties as feeling good at the time, now stressed outas couple of colleagues have gotten sick and i cant cope. I want to goto the parties but am now convinced i will get sick if i do.....

Love xmas, its my birthday but just so stressed this time of year, no-one else seems to get it and thinks im mad, i love winter, cold weather and snow (hopefully) but not all the bugs and stuff that fly around (as per my local paper, not helping me at the mo).

Only found the site a couple of days ago, stunned so many others feel the same.

Help me.I feel like i need some support........

Every day you touch the same door handles, sinks, etc that sick people do. You just don't know them or know that they're ill. not something we all like to think about, but we're exposed to germs all the time without knowing it. And you don't get sick, right? Well just because you know the names of a couple people with a bug doesn't change the fact that you're emetophobic-- you're an expert germ-avoider right?! you just keep a bit of distance between you and those few who've had a bug, keep washing your hands all the time (assuming you're like the rest of us who do that), and you'll be fine. enjoy the holidays! Resist the urge to let the phobia ruin christmas and your birthday, you deserve to celebrate!

hoped i helped a teeny bit.

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

I totally hear you... I worry about all the socializing and being exposed to things too, esp. since holiday parties tend to revolve around food. I can't stand buffet style things.

I wanted to add that my birthday is Christmas Eve and I have always wished I had a summer birthday so I could honestly enjoy myself without all the panic in the back of my mind about emet at this time of year.

We just have to remember our handwashing and that sort of thing and hope for the best....

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Redapple, I love reading what you write, you always make me feel better!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.