Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

just wondering if any of you ever experience this: Every time I am panicky i almost always feel like I can't swallow. It really scares me because I always mistake it for nausea. Am i just weird?

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Nope, happens to me all the time. I feel like I am going to gag on my own spit becauseI can't swallow right...it scares the s*** out of me sometimes.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

No. You are not weird. That happens to me too. I just try to ignore it or I chew gum or something. Try to do something to keep your mind off of it.

Yep, if I think about swallowing too much, I can't- and then I get all nervous. I remember when my brother was about five, he went through this stage where he couldn't swallow meat. 'Twas strange. He'd chew it for ages and ages, but refused to swallow.
    -Anna

This was what triggered my emet. The first time I became scared of being sick I was in a restaurant in spain, it was super-busy. I suddenly found I couldn't swallow. I thought I was going to be sick and I absolutely freaked. It then went on for a few years, but I find I don't get the sensation as much now.
    Hard Normal Daddy