Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: confused

I have always thought (well since i was about 11) that i was scared to actually be sick. The other day there was an incident where i ate something that could have made me ill. When i discovered this all i wanted to do was make myself sick so I wouldnt be ill later.

Is it possible that i have an issue of control when im sick, like i hate not knowing when its going to happen, rather than a fear of being sick.

Hope this makes sense

yes, i actually think that is one of my biggest issues, and one of the most popular fears in general, about throwing up. The fact that you don't know when its going to happen-- that it could happen in public, or surprise you in the middle of the nite...eek! that is what bothers me most about it![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

I know that's part of what scares me about it, is the unknown... not knowing about IF you're going to get sick, and how long it's going to last. For me it's also the lack of control with that unknown.

I wanted to add that I thought it's interesting that you wanted to make yourself sick, so that you could be the one in control of when it would happen, and not your stomach or the bad food. Like if you could be sick on your time it would be better than being surprised. You may have a little insight on what is specific about your emet.Edited by: 2jo2
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Wow...interesting! I guess when you really think about it, for us emets...it is a control issue. Hmmmm, wonder why that is. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] Something for me to ponder on I guess..LOL Charlotte

I also believe a lot of our fears are more related to control issues.

Also interesting is that I've met many people who I have spoken to about v* and I get the impression generally that people to know when they are going to v* (well, more so in the case of fp than sv anyway). They can tell that the food's bad and they know they need to get it out, in most situations they have a fair amount of control over that. I've even known people at work sit there saying they need to v* but they'll go after they finish writing this report (if only we could all be so relaxed....) I think it's only with sv that there is more of a loss of control and (I think) it's rarer to v* from a sv than from fp. I think it's because we're frightened that we think the worst all the time, I believe in most cases, people just v* and get on with it. It's only the worst case scenarios that emets dwell on and worry about...

ok.. this is going to be a really wierd post... but wen i had this huge issue with food.. i almost made myself throw up... it seemed as long as i was in control,as it was self-induced i didnt seem to mind as much!!

its when it jst happens, and ur out of control, tht it freaks me out

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.