Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please Help!!!!

Hi Guys:

I just started this new job yesterday. One of the attorneys I work for called in sick b/c she said she was throwing up all morning. I asked her what she thought it was, and she said she didn't know. She said it might be something she had eaten. I spoke with her on the phone. I am battling a cold right now, so my immune system is probably low. I know she's coming in today. Do you think she's still contagious? I don't even know if it was the stomach flu, and I don't want to grill her with questions. I will be working with her. Do you guys think there's a possibility I could get it? I'm scared. Please help. I need some reassurance. Thanks. mel

I'm sure she's not still contagious, if she ever was, and I'm sure you'll take all the precautions that us emets always take, and that you'll be fine!!!! Good luck.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

I also started a new job yesterday and was totally petrified because on Tuesday I had been feeling a bit fluish. Anyway, the day was hard but I got through it and now I feel so proud of myself. Even after hearing that one of my co-workers had just had a flu where she did get sick to her stomach, I didn't run out of the building screaming. I think you'll be great. Try to focus on your work and stay positive. Wash your hands and don't let her breath near you. Try to keep a safe distance. Maybe she only had food poisoning anyway. In any case, we are all thinking of you and hope you will be able to enjoy your new job. GOOD LUCK!!!

Anna [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Yeah, I know that feeling.

One of my work colleagues children got sick, and she was at work today. I kept away. Felt awful but sooooo uptight at the mo.

Got 2 Christmas meals to go to, and am now stressing about food poisoning and the winter bugs that are flying around.

Need help, want to go, but really dont!?!?!

Well, I went into work, and, of course, the attorney is still sick. She wasn't throwing up anymore, but said she felt really bad. I was feeling bad from my cold. Another attorney called off. He was complaining of a sore throat yesterday, and the computer guy called off. He's had influenza for a week and isn't quite over it. Anyway, I wasn't really around her except for a brief second. She was standing real close to me and talking to me for a second. Do you think I can get it? I ended up going home b/c everyone was sick. Plus, I didn't have a computer yet or even a phone. I'm really scared now. I don't want to get it. I got real close to her for a second. Please help guys. Mel [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I know we've been around and around on this subject before but it just burns me so bad, why do people come in to work when they're feeling really bad????? I don't get it! Will the world crumble if they're not at their job? No wonder why viruses travel thru offices like wildfire... people refuse to stay home and instead come and infect everyone else! Ok, my ranting is finished.....
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Hey Mel, I think you will be fine, you only saw her for a few seconds, so that's good. Plus you probably didn't touch anything that she touched. Take vitamins and get some rest. Read a book or watch a movie to take your mind off of it so you don't stress.

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you'll be fine. First she said that she thought it was probably something she ate, which means she probably didn't have a fever or anything just the upset stomach. You can't catch it if it was bad food. Plus a week ago I had a person with the stomach bug cough on me, and I never got it! So try to relax, think positive thoughts. and if you do start to feel crummy remember that you just started a new job, and you have a cold so it isjust from stress and anxiety. Think happy thoughts!! You'll be Fine!!!

Danielle

Hey Guys:

Thanks for your nice replies. I'm glad I know I can talk to you guys. I'll keep you guysposted. I know I'm not going into work today b/c I still feel like crap. Talk to you soon. Mel[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]