Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Gastritis

Default Gastritis

Hi! After a living hell of nonstop nause for 2 months I had a recent Endoscopy done and was diagnosed with Gastritis. I am new to the term and the condition except what I've heard from my doctor, which is I have a mild case. He put me on 'Nexium' and gave me anti-nausea pills. The medicine seems to be working but I still get nausea every now and then and it's debilitating. Does anyone else on this website have 'Gastritis', and if so what are your ways of dealing with it? Thank you.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Default Re: Gastritis

i've never been diagnosed with gastritis.....but do have gerd.....dont know what the difference is. i take prilosec and it really helps with the n and acid in my throat in check most times. i still panic ......but not nearly as much......

my best way to deal with panic is still distraction........a movie, knitting.....playing games on the computer.....anything that uses your mind...

hope you're feeling better
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've been diagnosed with Gastritis and I swear by prilosec and occasional liquid maalox (pepto freaks me out).....prilosec is expensive but AMAZING! Basically gastritis means you have a constantly sore and inflammed tummy....usually due to overactive acid production. I don't take the prilosec everyday, just when it's going to be a stressful one or if I am already having tummy problems (it takes a bit for it to work).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have had gastritis many times from taking so many NSAID's. Usually I take Gravol as necessary and various herbs(DGL, mallow root, plaintain etc) to coat and soothe my stomach and I feel better pretty quickly. I just have to be better about consistantly taking the herbs with the pain pills and it would probably prevent the whole thing in the first place.

I had gastritis when I was a teen. I took prevacid, i think it was. I don't have it anymore It went away when I started taking anti-depressants for my panic attacks, because ultimately it's just a nervous stomach and over production of acid. Also I became a vegetarian and eat wicked healthy stuff, almost nothing processed, most things are home grown actually. Mint and chamomile tea got me through a lot of it. Also pepto bismuth.

I have chronic gastritis and chronic duodenitis. I have to take Omeprazol every day.

I have gastritis and take ranitidine and domperidone for it.
    The Lord is my shepherd.

I hate this! I have good days and bad days, I never know what it's going to be! Usually when I wake up I feel nausea and take my Nexium and wait an hour to eat. Sometimes everything goes well and I have a normal day. Others....like today, I wake up and begin to feel like crap a couple hours later. I can't eat or lay down. It's worse if I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before. I have to just sit and watch TV and hope the nausea goes away by mid afternoon. It's debilitating. The nausea medicine barely works anymore WTF is wrong with my stomach?! Ughhh....it's so frustrating.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Have you tried domperidone? It helps the food move through the stomach faster and that is meant to relieve the 'swelling'. I know the FDA in the US wont aprove it but i read you can buy it from many pharmacies there.
    The Lord is my shepherd.

How strong is the Nexium you take? I once had a treatment with 40 mg Nexium, which I took every morning, and it really made me nauseous. I usually take 20 mg Omeprazol every morning, but apparently the 40 mg was just too strong.

I have it as well and tale Omeprazole. What I hate about it the most are the sudden bouts of extreme n*.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

Kell1429, how strong is the Nexium you take? I take 20 mg Omeprazol once a day, but I took 40 mg Nexium once for a couple of weeks, and it really made me n*. Apparently it was just too strong for my stomach. The 20 mg doesn't make me n*.