Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Recent development-

A little over a month ago I felt unexplained n* for seven days straight and wasn't able to eat anything more than burned toast. This is the first time I think I've ever had anything close to some kind of SV. Since then I've been completely overwhelmed by this phobia and I'm not handling it well. It feels like it skyrocketed from a stable 3 to a solid, painful 8.

I'm worried, I guess, because I've already begun changing my social habits. I turn down going out more, I'm going to sleep earlier and earlier so that I don't have to be constantly thinking about this, and when I'm awake and not working I'm zoning out because if I'm not present and coherent, then I'm not on the edge of an anxiety attack- or even an anxiety push/shove/hair pull.

There are things that I'm planning on doing- like bringing what I call a 'safety bag', one of those bags you see on airplanes or cruises sometimes - that are sealed/made specifically to be v* into in my messenger bag when I go out, just in case. Even just the idea of having this game plan calms me down significantly, and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to go out with the same ease as I did before...my question is is this GOOD? I mean shouldn't I be striving for going out WITHOUT the bag? Is developing this comfort association with the bag good for now, or setting me back farther than I should be?

I just want to be able to go out with the same excitement like I did before- because I am NOT known to stay in on ANY NIGHT, let alone a Friday or Saturday night

Default Re: Recent development-

I would say if you feel comfortable going out with the bag, then stick with it. I don't see any harm in that. It's just a bag and it will relieve your anxiety so you can go out and not be freaking out the whole time.

Default Re: Recent development-

i agree.....it's just a bag....and i think once you start going out and not getting too anxious...you;ll give up the bag
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.