Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question what does n* actually feel like?

i know most of us emets are questioning our stomach by the minute. so what does n* really feel like? im always thinking im n*. making my anxiety skyrocket everyminute when i feel my stomach twitch or gurgle!!! im so sick of it. i just want to know what actual n* feels like. ive read a few times that us emets mistake our food digesting, indigestion, heartburn, and other tummy related issues as n*. i know that is EXTREMELY true for me!!!

Default Re: what does n* actually feel like?

With n*, there's a real feeling in your throat, like it's right there, waiting to come. It's unmistakable and different from rumbly stomach/heartburn/indigestion etc. All those things can make you feel a bit s* which brings on anxiety ,which in-turn intensifies everything, making you think you're n* when you're probably just scared stiff, in reality. It's very annoying and confusing!

Its very difficult to put into words, but aside from feeling you are about to vomit, which is the main symtom of nausea you just "know" it's about to happen, i suffered almost daily nausea for years and it was only when i was genuinely nauseous when i got noro that i learnt the difference ntween the anxiety nausea and the real thing, and i wish i could describe it better but for me i felt like i daren't move a muscle i just had to lie absolutely still, it wasn't just my stomach either it was more of an all over feeling, but i suppose the biggest thing was that i couldn't even bear to think about food let alone eat it, i didn't even want to have a drink, even food adverts on the telly made me feel a hundred times worse, and now thats my tester as to whether i think it's anxiety or real nausea - if i can think about eating i know it it's just anxiety.

it's hard not to over-analyse every noise your tummy makes but it is perfectly normal for it to gurgle rumble and make all sorts of weird and wonderful noises so just keep reminding yourself of that fact and also the fact that gurgles aren't an indicator that you are about to be sick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, in my experience I got to the point were I really wanted to throw up because I felt that ill :S And my stomach was in so much intense pain I was literally screaming, I couldnt even bare looking at the tv. And way before I felt ill at all, the thought of food made me want to throw up and then when I tried to eat, I couldnt bare swallowing it and it didnt even taste like food at all... :L yeah so thats my theory...
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All of the above plus a lousy sour tasting saliva in the back of one's mouth warning, "Now!"