Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, well the other day, there was this kids programme (in the UK) called 'the yuk show'

And obviously you don't expect it to be very pleasent, but i still watched it anyway, i haven't seen it before so i didn't know what stuff wud be on it!!!

But, at one point in the show, they made fake sick [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]But aswell as that, they explained how 'the sick process works'

It's the brain that controls it all, not the stomach.... and somethign about the food pipe relaxing, and the stomach muscles contract so the food goes up...

so now if i get a tummy ache, i will probably think that the muscles are contacting! lol so it was good in a way, cos it informed me, but it was bad, because i'll worry even more [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

sorry if you didn't want to hear that! lol

lol that show is quite funny...its about like a gross version of HOW...im getting rathe annoyed with all these gross out/jackass style kida shows...wot with dic and dom (they do one thing where ppl tell gross stories and make this lad 'puke' but really it just soup...still not nice) and ministry of mayhem (dancing dwarfs etc)...wot was wrong with live and kicking and smtv?

lol, SM:TV was great! Esp. with ant n dec [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I've never botherd to watch that show and I dont think I want to either. Its good to know that we can stop ourselves v* just by thinking about it! I ahte thoses programmes like dick and dom i nthe bungalow! They are bringing back the saturday show tho so no more soup v* adverts!!! They didnt make kids programmes like that when I was 7!!!

when you were 7? lol

i still watch kids TV! hahahaha [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

But the 'fake sick' was only custard with lumpy bits in! it was actually edable too! YUK [img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]

hahahaha lol funny stuff...the yuk show is definatly better than the rest...at least its 'educational' tohow yucky things happen like farts and stuff

Oh no I still watch kids tv. But the stuff aimed at us when we were 7 wasnt like that. I'm a big fan of balamory and arthur!! lol I think kids programmes are really good

yeah, v*ing is controlled by the brain, hence why we can stop it. i know i certainly can, iv dun it enough.

what is this show and wen is it on? iv never heard of it!

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its on cbbc and thats all i kno! I havent seen it either. Its probably on at around 4.30 i guess!! I'l check my tv guide

*******REALLY REALLY REALLY GRAPHIC********

ok this is a bit gross so if u r easily disturbed do not read this...i repeat this, do not read this!!!i can stop myself from being sick but once i stopped myself and it ended up coming out of my nose...it really hurt and burnt my nose ( so it cant b totally controlled by the brain

it's on CITV actually! haha

So how do you stop it then?? :S lol

omg missgoddess u joking YOU poor poor thing u must hav been really realy really ill

il look out for this showq.. lol... mayb.. or mayb not... lol

Jen xxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

it really isnt that bad...wen i saw it it was like cute gross lol

*ahem* [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

lol

Jen xxx

MSN:

not my nose the programme lol

OH LMFAO.. my mistake, SORRY!! lol

>.< eeks i feel really stoopid now >.<

Jen xxxx

MSN:

lo was my fault i didnt right it properly...nah the nose thing was very painful

mmm altho, i wudnt think it was just painful, i'd kinda say TRAUMATISING! lol

Jen xxx

MSN:

That sounds really scary, I don't think I would have been able to watch that. I can't bear watching causalty when people on there V***** it freaks me out so much.
    \"You are beautiful, no matter what they say \"
    \"Too many Years, fighting back tears, why can\'t the past just die? Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try\"

How can you stop yourself from v-ing? Explain!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mystikal star
    How can you stop yourself from v-ing? Explain!!!!!

Thats what i want to know! lol [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

oh, sorry, didnt see that post for sum reason...

how iv always stopped myself from v*ing is by concentrating on breathing. ill give an example, those few weeks ago wen i obviously had eaten sumthing that didnt agree with me, i just sat on my bed, and sed to myself over nd over agen "breathe in, breathe out" and then if i got distracted by nething (i got extrenmely tired so started to after a while) it found i felt even more sick, so i knew i just had to keep doing that. the logic of it is, theres a special breath that u hav just before u v*, and if u can stp that happening, u wnt b sick. iv managed to do it every time so far.. *fingers crossed* i no its not particaulrly healthy, but its healthy for my psychological health, lol.

Jen xxxxxxxxx

MSN:

Quote Originally Posted by Jenneh

oh, sorry, didnt see that post for sum reason...

how iv always stopped myself from v*ing is by concentrating on breathing. ill give an example, those few weeks ago wen i obviously had eaten sumthing that didnt agree with me, i just sat on my bed, and sed to myself over nd over agen "breathe in, breathe out" and then if i got distracted by nething (i got extrenmely tired so started to after a while) it found i felt even more sick, so i knew i just had to keep doing that. the logic of it is, theres a special breath that u hav just before u v*, and if u can stp that happening, u wnt b sick. iv managed to do it every time so far.. *fingers crossed* i no its not particaulrly healthy, but its healthy for my psychological health, lol.

Jen xxxxxxxxx

So basically you should never stop breathing when you feel like you're gonna v? I always stop breathing and breathe as little as possible. LOL. My whole body stiffens when I feel a huge wave of nausea. So the breathing in and out works? How fast should you breath in and out?

at ur normal controlled rate. i think it actually depends on the person, i knw someone, not on here, whos emetophobia and she HAS to take deep breathes, but for me, deep breaths make me worse, i have to tke controlled breaths that fil up the lungs at the normal volume.. god tht made no sense, i know wot i mean, lol.

sorry, im a bit dappy wen it comes to english >.<

Jen xxxx

MSN:

oh no.... i always do deep beaths when i feel panicky, just to calm me down.... so are you saying that will make you more sick? [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

So how do you stop being sick? because it's the brain that controls it all apparently.. so do you just have to think about something else instead of worrying about being sick?

huh? lol shut up lou

noooooooo!!

ok, this emet friend i was telling you about, is completley differnt, she cant chew gum because it makes her feel sick! usually we love the stuff!! so, dont go thinking deep breathes wil make u sick.

it took me 2 tries to work out what works best for me. wen the time comes to it, ull no whats right anyway. and yes the brain does control it, hence why if ur strong enough, if u concentrate enough and stop that breath, u shud be fine. it doesnt always wrk tho. unfortunately. but its smthing i hav relied upon.

and yeah, im sure thinking about smthing else MITE wrk, but i dont know, cos i hvent tried it.

sorry, im really not much help =|

Jen xxxxxx

MSN:

huh? stop that breath? what breath? huh?sorry, i get confused easily!

the breath that always happens just before anyone v*s.

i dunno if its true or just a fairy tale, but apparently theres a certian breath that always happens just before u v*, so if u stop it, u wont vomit . u stop it by controlling ure breathing.

Jen xxxx

MSN:

What breath do people take before v-ing? I need to stay clear of that breath.

I think its just that just before you v* you have to suddenly brethe in cause obviously you cant v* and breathe at the same time. So i think that if you stop that breath then you cant v* cause your body physically cant. I think!!

I cant chew gum also. I Find it makes me feel i should gag! So obviously I stay clear of gum but I eat loads of mints