Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What is the worst part of your phobia?

I think mine is not being able to be there for my son when he is ill, no matter how hard I try to do the "mum thing" of stroking the hair, holding the bowl etc I just want to run. Makes me feel like a very bad mum especially as that is what mums are meant to be good at.

Default Re: What is the worst part of your phobia?

I am underweight because of frequent nausea and this fear.. Every time I'm nauseous, I worry that I have a virus and/or I'm going to throw up.

I hate the fact I dont want time to slip away, because I know one of these days it will happen and there's is not too much I can do about it...
    Oh yeah well theres two, I feel so distant from all my friends and i cant share my real problems with them because they dont understand... yea one of them two
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never EVER feeling relaxed! xx
    Those who are brave may not live forever, but those who are cautious do not live at all xx

never feeling "safe' and not enjoying food fully.
    and the anxiety just never seems to go away

Dealing with panic attacks for 21 years. I have to agree with being a good mom thing too. I feel like I can't be the best for my son. He is only 2 but so badly wants to take a train ride and go to kiddie places. I panic just thinking about taking him in public and cutting his enjoyment short because I panic and feel sick. He has watched me freak out before very badly and I never felt so guilty for him having to witness that. I sucker it up and take him out, I just wish I could do it more without all the fears of what ifs.

never wanting children of my own im so terrorfied that i wont be able to look after them when they get sick, ive just told my self im not having children. and never having a job worring if somebody v* near me and i have to clean it up.

Feeling nauseous and never knowing when its actually going to happen and it just happening wherever i am at and me embaressing myself. Also i NEVER feel relaxed anymore. I ALWAYS think i am gonna get sick.

Boriqua81, I feel the EXACT same way!

MJ0722-Do you feel like that everyday? Anything help you to relax? I hate it sooo much!!!

I do, but to varying degrees... Some days I can can make it and be okay... Lately though having a few hours without nausea and fear of v* on my mind is a big accomplishment.; In the past 6 mos, for some reason my emet has increased dramatically. My fiancee had a sv* and V* for the first time in our dating history *(5yrs) back in Feb and I feel since then, I have been a wreck. I am prescribed Wellbutrin, but I am taking half the dose the Dr. told me to take because my hands got so shaky (so I doubt the meds are doing anything). I have ativan and xanax, as well... but I am pretty small so even a 1/2 tab makes me fall asleep. They are helpful tho when I wake up in the middle of the night in a panic or cannot fall asleep due to panic. I have been avoiding caffeine as much as possible, but have slowly re-introduced diet coke back in because i LOVE it so much (sad, huh)... When I do have diet coke and it's been a stressful day or haven't eaten enough my heart will race and induce a panic attack.

I have not had a sv* that caused v* since 3rd grade, but I know I had the fear even back then. Throughout college, my fear dissipated quite a bit, I think because I would vomit from alcohol on occasion (exposing me to the experience and knowing its not that scary).... but it's been 4 yrs since, and I am full of fear once again! I love this website, because this is the first and only place I have ever been able to say these things. I am to ashamed to tell anyone else. Feel free to private message me if you want to talk further.

The worst part of the phobia is the inability to do anything! I am unable to leave my house without my anti-nauseant pills just in case sever nausea hits...which is frequent, and I'm not able to help take care of my siblings when they are ill. I hate sitting in the corner crying and rocking back and forth because somebody is being ill; it makes me feel terrible that I can't help them.

I'm also quite terrified of having a heart attack while being sick...I was actually in the hospital the last time I was ill and my heart rate went up to 219 and my oxygen went down to 60%...so scary

The list is endless:
    I hate that I can't go out with friends to eat out.
    I hate that it consumes every thought of every day.
    I hate that I can't enjoy food and am losing weight rapidly. (I'm tiny to begin with)
    I'm tired of not sleeping.
    I'm tired of being stuck in my safe zone (my apartment) and don't go anywhere.
    I hate that I have to travel with Tums, Pepto tabs, water and a trashbag wherever I go.
    I hate the anxiety of being in a public place and not having access to a bathroom.
    I hate that I couldn't enjoy my cruise for my 30th birthday for fear of all sorts of things (don't do a cruise as an emet--you worry about the food, cleanliness of the peoples hands, is the food fresh, buffet style eating...yuck!)