Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default "Emergency action plan"

My "normal" friends think I'm crazy, but I have came up with a plan to keep me (somewhat) sane if my husband ever has to v*. In fact, I have a few plans, just in case. And he is wonderful enough to humor me and listen, and even give suggestions.
    Has anyone else come up with a "worst case scenario" plan in case their partner/roommate/etc has to v* ? If so, what does your "plan" entail?

Default Re: "Emergency action plan"

i pretty much plan to go stay with a friend. our condo is only 450 sq. ft.......one bathroom........no way i could stay here through it........he said he understands
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, I make sure that there is always bleach in the house, along with some dispoable gloves and a massive pack of throway cloths and new toothbrushes.

He has been sick twice in the last 6 months and my action plan is, that afterwards he has to sit on the settee and not move, i then bleach the entire bathroom, walls, door everything (luckily it's a small bathroom and fully tiled so very easy to do) finishing with the toilet and throwing cloths away as I go rather than rinsing them out so i don't recontaminate the sink.

Then after changing gloves. i go through the rest of the house doing lightswitches, remote controls, door handles etc

Then i run him a bath and he strips off handing his clothes to me as he goes along and he steps in it without touching anything. I then wash his stuff straight away.

he goes along with it because he knows if i caught whatever he had he's never hear the end of it lol, but seriously doing that reduces my anxiety levels massively as I know everything has been done properly and i don't end up washing my hands red raw and for him its' fine because he doesn't have to do anything to clean up it;s helped my emet too a bit as the last time there was still some sick on the loo and the more i looked at it the less afraid i got.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ive had that scare before (heard sister puking but turned out to be from a migrane) and if it happened for real probably do what I did before...
    - Stay in room (except for school)
    - Eat tiny bits of food making sure I ALWAYS wash hands before
    - Only go to the bathroom if desperate & use mum & dads bathroom and brushing teeth with toothpaste on finger :L:L
    - open windows in room to iliminate germs and spray dettol on EVERYTHING
    - Don't let anyone in room eg. mum and dad

Haha I so did that before and the next day at school was wierd cos everything was all normal still but I'd gone mental :L:L yea then I nearly fainted cos I hadnt eaten in two days then I got home, and burst out into tears then i find out my sisters only puking from a headache :L:L
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"

I have talked about it with my husband. If there is enough warning, he will use the spare bathroom/bedroom while he is sick. If it happens in the night and he has to use our bathroom, then I will move to the spare bedroom/bathroom while he is sick. I am so scared of the first time that happens! We have been married almost 3 years and together almost 5, and the only time he v* was when I was out of the country! What luck!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Harmonygirl, I'm in the same situation as you...I can't believe my luck that the only time(s) my husband has been ill is when I was away! (married for 3 yrs, together for 5) I dread the day that I have to put my "plan" into action.
    We have a random toilet in the laundry room in the lower level of our house...I've deemed that his "emergency bathroom". The washer and dryer are in there too, so I'll have him put on the washer, close the door, and I'll crank up music and hide somewhere in the house...if it is the middle of the day, then I'll be out of the house! I'd probably even stay at a hotel if he had the SV.

Yea this is a great strategy. In fact, if there are other places that you specifically fear v*ing, you can even give friends at those places a kind of plan for how they can help you. Maybe more of a Do's and Dont's.

Like Don't try to touch me, Don't do something or other, but please help me by ___ and ___