Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi. Sorry I seem to be starting loads of posts at the moment but I have the need to post! I am so scared about tomorrow. I have a mass and i've promised myself that i will goto it. I told my mum which was a bad idea cause she is pressurising me about it now and will make it harder to miss it if I have too. The mass starts at 10:00 but I have to be there at 9:30. I normally dont go to school till 12:30. Its going to be very scarry. I havent been feeling well for the last few days so there is a chance that I will feel ill. It would be better if I was feeling ok myself. I usually have a fear of others. Anyway after a nasty experiance before I am petrifyed of people getting ill during the mass. And it not a case of people might get ill, they willget ill and about 3 people have to leave every mass. I always manage to sit by the door but what if we a re late geting there and theres no where for me to sit?? What do I do then cause there is no way that i'm going to sit anywhere else. I'm planning to sit out side for most of the mass but what if someone v* outside. How will I cope with that??? That hasnt happened yet but it might. urgh it was a bad idea suggesting i do this. And I dont have to do it either but I feel so great afterwards when its all over that I get a real kick out of it. Also there is usually a caring teacher that come tocheck on me and I ahte to sound wierd but I quite like the attention and that fact that people care and feel sorry for me. That usually doesnt happen. my parents dont understand that well and threes no use talking to my friends. Am I mad doing this? I fee llike I am but if I go through it I will feel great and it might shift my bout of depression. On the other ahnd, I coudl personally feel ill and maybe even v* from the stress etc. or someone could v* near me when i'm outside. urgh I hate this

Izzy, im sorry but i dont know wot u mean by mass :s

but im pretty sure no one wud get sick wud they?? mayb im missing the point here, i think u shud defenitely go, and see how u get on. it might end up being sumthing to write on the TRIUMPH part of these boards!!

try not to think about feeling ill yes, i know its hard, but if u do, ur more likely to just feel really ill from anxiety!

hope everything goes ok.

Jen xxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanx, sorry I go to a catholic school and a mass is like a church service, this is for the whole of my school, 1300 people, to celebrate the foundation day of our school!!! *great*

I realy dont know if I can it but who knows!! I've e-mailed my mum saying if i dont want to go not to punish me etc etc!!

oh, ok, im with you.

well as long as u try ur best, for urself, thts all tht u can do.

xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you should..and need to go.

As for you mom..i think telling her was a good move because it gives you more motivation to go. If I have something Im scared to do I tell my mom im going to do it..and then I have to because if I dont she will be let down. I think you need to go..so your mom wont be upset with you..it drives you to go..and once you do go...and make it through..the next time will be easier..and the next time after that will be even easier.

This is something you really really need to do..to prove to yourself you are strong. It may be hard as hell..but you must do it..and you CAN do it..its all mind over matter.

I have faith in you.you can do it..

And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I didnt do it!! I am so annoyed at myslef but it was a step too big. I'm feeling really bad now. My stomach really hurts and its not meant to. I feel really ill

its ok izzy..you will be just fine..probably worried yourself sick.

Try and relax..maybe get some fresh air..sip some water..and find something to keep you busy...

let us know how ur feelin
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Izzy, it is no big deal that you didn't go. If you aren't ready, you aren't ready! Don't beat yourself up for not going - don't feel guilty (as Catholics tend to do! - I was raised one) and don't feel bad. That will only make it worse. Just accept the fact that you weren't ready, that is ok, and maybe you will be ready next time.

I went to a Catholic school for 9 years, and we had to go to mass 4 times a week. Mass was THE single most stressful thing for me because I wasn't able to keep myself occupied with school or work, so I would just sit there and worry. It always seemed like if something bad was going to happen (i.e., someone was to v*), it happened THERE. To this day, sitting in a church is extremely hard for me.

So, from my perspective, going to mass is not an easy thing to do! You will be able to go again someday!
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

Izzy, its ok, you know now u jut need to take smaller steps. dont beat urself up about it, its not ur fault.

how are u feeling now? im sure ur fine, ur just having a bit of a stressful time and panicking a lot.

Jen xxxxx

MSN: