Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Worrying, advice needed

I went to a restaurant with a friend the other day and needed the toilet. I am doing CBT and encouraged to try using toilets sometimes when out if i need to. I opened the door with my feet, used a urinal and then opened the other door with my feet. My worry is that while i was in there someone came in and rushed into the cubicle and i heard the seat being slammed. I didnt hear any v* noises or smell anything but i have been freaking out sinse then. Its been 45 hours since i went to that bathroom.

Although i know i didnt touch any surface in there, the room was quite small and if the person was v* and it was infectious then the aerosol might have traveled to where i was standing.
    The Lord is my shepherd.

Default Re: Worrying, advice needed

I am pretty sure you would have noticed if someone v* that close to you!! I am sure you are fine.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Than you for your reply, I also worry that maybe they were quiet or had infetious d* which doesnt make as much of a noise
    The Lord is my shepherd.

Infectious d* would not be in particles in the air, you'd actually have to ingest part of the poop (Ew!). And, I think even that would make some sort of noise .
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I also want to add that I think the possibility of "aerosolized" vomit particles reaching you through a stall wall are pretty slim to none. Actually I'm not convinced that vomit can be aerosolized the way a sneeze is. I think that's just the emet talking! You'll be fine, don't worry!

maybe they just really needed to go?
    LOL sorry but I know some people, even at my age, who'll 'leave it till the last minute' then DASH to the loo...
    "Here in the final draft, I've given all I have,
    Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan,
    There's nothing left on the page but I'm okay with that,
    I found my resolution was designed for stronger hands"