Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Emetophobia Recovery System?

Anyone tried the programme endorsed by this site? How did it work out for you?

Thanks

Default Re: Emetophobia Recovery System?

i'd like to know also....just read about it........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm curious too, it's only like $67 right?

Yeah, $67. I'm the worlds biggest cynic though, so wanted to hear a couple of peoples experiences with it before deciding whether to take the plunge...

im the same way......but there is a money back guarantee with it i think.........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah I saw that, but being the cynic I am, my first thought was "hmmm, I bet there's a catch"

Hi Elski, There's a thread in this treatments forum titled 'Has anyone heard of/tried..' posted by calofluffys that is about this program. There are a few replies on there by Sage which I found helpful. I will be buying this program when I save the money as I thought it did sound good.

Hope this helps you out a little

Thanks ShootingStar! I'll head over there...

I don't have emetophobia myself, my girlfriend does, but, I do have a copy of this product and the quality is very good. Check my signature

Hey Guys-

I just bought this last week, and it has some great information and exercises to help with our phobia. I have just read through the manual, and used a couple of the suggestions while going out, and they really worked for me. It seems important that the steps are followed to get the most out of what the program offers. Also, I have a feeling that it may be easier/harder for some depending on where you are with really wanting to overcome your fears. The program really makes sense to me though, and i am looking forward to really beating this thing.

--Kim

Glad you're finding it helpful Kim!
    Rich

I got it, but I couldn't really get into it. I think it was more because I was in too bad of a place to even really sit down and read or listen to the CDs than anything wrong with the product.

BUT....I did get my money back, so that should reassure anyone who wants to try it that it's no scam.

Yeah, it isnt a miracle product that will rid you of your phobia immediately. It does take a lot of work to get through it, but you should expect that, it is years of fear and anxiety in your brain that you have to retrain. I have to say though, it did start to help me right away with going out with friends. I always made myself go whenever i was scared, but i never had a good time. But i managed to go out on my birthday and kick the anxiety to the curb and actually enjoy being with my friends. It felt great! Rich's words really clicked and made so much sense that it was probably easier for me to use the system right away. I think that if you arent ready to let go of your fear, that of course it will not work for you. I'm am still struggling a bit, but I can see the end in sight and I am willing to put in the time, god knows I have put in enough time feeling sick and afraid for years.

-Kim

Hey Kim,
    I'm glad to hear my words hit home, I really tried to write in a way that would "connect", so it's nice to know I accomplished that (at least with you!)

I think you're spot on about being READY to overcome your fear. If you're not, then I don't think the Emetophobia Recovery System or anything else will help, desire and willingness to change what you've BEEN DOING has to be the first step. Excellent point!

Rich

I am SO ready for it to work!! Before I just plodded along, used to being an emet and not too fussed about doing anything about it but now I have a baby, it's different! I don't want to be contantly worrying about her getting sick and more importantly, I don't want her to get my emet!

Thanks for all your views/opinions guys x

Hi! I am new to this site, and yesterday I did purchase the Recovery program. I am 25, and have spent my life being afraid. I dont recall a time when I didnt have this fear. I am ready to change my thoughts and get some help already! Im just hoping this program is helpful as far as, sometimes I am afraid to eat, thinking if I dont eat I wont get sick, but that usually makes you feel sicky not to eat alot, so I am my own worst enemy....

Good luck!! Let us know how you get on!

Please let us know if this works and what it does exactly? Is it reading or pictures?

I recieved the Program a few days ago, its a 111 page booklet, and it came with a set of cds that are the same as the book. It says to read the whole book then listen to the audio version. Ive just paged through it a bit, I plan on devoting some time to it tomorrow. But just the first pages I have read are pretty interesting. Mostly educating me on what this disorder is all about, and how it is possible to teach your mind not to respond with fear when it doesnt need to. Im excted about it! I think it will help, I am willing to try anything! And I feel like it would be impossible to pick a psychologist that would have expirience with this or have even heard of emetophobia. I will keep everyone updated as a go along with it!

Thanks so much for keeping us posted!

I am going to buy this! I just don't want to do it at work, and I keep getting too busy at night to remember at home!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

im so buying this. I will definatly tell you how it is.

I have the recovery-system thing and I am reading it and it works great! I have a couple of questions but other than that u should buy it!

Good Luck!

If you guys want a review of it you can check out http://emetophobiarecoveryreview.com

I'm really interested in hearing some more feedback from those of you who've been doing the program for a while now. How's it going? Is there still progress?

Naturally I'm skeptical of short-term progress since everyone has their good and bad months, but if people are seeing long-term progress and have been challenged by bad situations that might normally lead to a relapse, I think it might be worth trying.
    'I am a sick man...I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I think my liver is diseased. Then again, I don't know a thing about my illness; I'm not even sure what hurts.'

Hello I am knew to this website and I was thinking of buying this product too, but I am like John f, I want to know that it is something that is going to help you for the rest of your life not just make you feel good for awhile. It is hard living with this.

Queenbee - it comes with a money-back guarantee and there's no "catch" to that. Also, it's under $100 so you could order it and see what you think.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I bought it and must say, it has worked wonders. Although I'm not COMPLETELY over my emetophobia, the amount of progress I've made in just a few short weeks has been astounding. It does take some discipline and courage, but if you want results, you have to bite the bullet and take the steps necessary.

I'm fairly sure that Rich will not have a problem with me posting this information, but if so I'll gladly delete it: In a nutshell, the program states that the best way to conquer the anxiety one feels is to accept the sensations related to it and not fight them... in fact, to truly shed these fears, one must honestly try to make the anxiety-related symptoms WORSE in order to realize the irrationality behind them and move on. Of course he explains all of this in significantly greater detail, but the fact is, what he tells you to do is the exact opposite of what an individual with emetophobia normally does (fights and tries to escape from the feelings) which merely reinforces the problem and produces more anxiety.

It may not work for everyone, but it sure as hell is working for me, and with the money-back guarantee, there is really no reason for recovering emetophobes to give it a try. Less than $100 to change your life? Sounds like a bargain to me!

Thanks so much and I'm glad you're having so much success with the program.

Don't give me too much credit, I just provide the map, the journey itself is yours and you should be proud of yourself!

Rich

I wanna try,, Ill do anything to get this thing gone..Im gonna buy now.. xoxo Brittany