Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New here!

Default New here!

Hello everyone! I came across this site a few weeks ago and have been lurking since! I've been dealing with Emetophobia for just under 3 years now. It was brought on by an intense week of n*, and since then it's become a phobia. I had never really thought of v* until that week because it had been since I was very young that I had v*. And since then I have become very aware of any blah feeling I may get in my stomach. And I often times make myself feel n* by just worrying. It has become a real problem. During the active season I even go as far as to sleep on the couch "just in case" my Husband were to v*. I avoid kissing even. I refuse to use public restrooms, and add bleach to my hand sanitizer gel. I avoid eating out, especially food that doesn't require cooking. And I try not to go to friends homes where children are present since it seems kids catch it more often then adults. My Husband tells me all the time that I need therapy, and I don't disagree. But I think I am just too ashamed to get help!

Right now I am visiting family and my Dad came down with some d* and bad pain in his stomach. It has been over 24 hours since he first started feeling this way. He has kept himself in his bedroom and is using only his bathroom. But I am still very nervous about catching it. As far as I know he has not v*, but I try to not ask too many questions since my family does not know about my fears. I can't help but worry though! I thought April was supposed to be the end of this awful season! I was just starting to be a little more relaxed in public and such.

Thanks for listening! And anything encouraging you can tell me is VERY welcome!

Default Re: New here!

first, welcome to the forum hopefully you will get some help and comfort here......i'm pretty sure you will not catch anything from your dad......especially since he is using a different bathroom......are you keeping your hands clean? and keeping them away from your face?? if you do those things you should be fine......try and keep from getting too anxious and enjoy your visit
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah I wash my hands pretty much every time I walk past the bathroom. I'm good in that area. And I really do try and not touch my face, I'm pretty sure I rarely do unless I do it without realizing! I know I'm probably fine, but hard not to worry anyway!

Welcome to the website.
    The Lord is my shepherd.

Welcome to the site. I know how you feel right now. Last time my family was sick with a sv* I so badly wanted to pitch a tent out in the yard and stay out there until it was over. It can be scary breathing the same air in the same house. In my thoughts I believe the sv* to be some kinda "super bug" and you can't win the fight. It's ever where no matter how hard you try to kill it the army just grows stronger. The worse part is you can't see it! Ahhhh! Anyways, keep your hands clean and keep your space and you'll be fine!

Glad you found us, you've found a great little home away from home here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome... this site is great, the people are understanding

Good luck <3
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"

welcome to the site