Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emetophobia and Norovirus? (first post)

Hi! I'm a new member here, and am facing a problem. A girl in one of my classes had norovirus. I heard it's still contagious. She was in my group, and now I'm afraid I might have caught it too. Do you think I'm just being paranoid?

I haven't been eating either, and I'm kind of scared its affecting my health. What should I do?

Default Re: Emetophobia and Norovirus? (first post)

The only easy to get it is by ingesting vomit or diarrhea particles. Gross, I know but unless you've been sharing drinks with her or she threw up on your vicinity you have nothing to worry about.

also, are you certain it Noro? many other bacterial illnesses could have made her sick, she could be taking medication or eaten bad food if you dont know for sure its Noro you could be wasting your time worrying also... remember to keep your immune system boosted you must be consuming nutrients so even if you arent eating which is my problem also... i live of crackers, vegetables and bananas then you should take a vitamin and maybe a small glass of orange juice because the vitamin c promotes absorbtion... without the necessary vitamins you will be running your immune system down and therefore increasing your vulnerability to it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one whose will is stronger than his fear.

i know how you're feeling.....i'd be panicking too......but chances are you are not going to get it since she wasnt actually sick around you.......keep your hands clean and away from your face

relax!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep good hand hygiene, and unless she is sick in front of you, I doubt you will get it. Like the others said, try and eat healthy snacks to boost your immune system.