Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone,

I'm really scared. One of my friends was in R.S. with me this morning and she was giving out marzipan. On mine, she put a bit of that stuff on that stops you biting your nails as a joke (I didnt know she put it on, by the way) and I ate it. I could taste it and i'm really scared that it will make me ill now.

ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

it wont... because people will accidentally bite tht stuff off their nails too wont they?? im sure its not going to make u ill... pretty damn sure mate.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Jen's right, the stuff is sort of made to be eaten, as people who bite their nails in the beginning still will bite them with the stuff on, right?

Pretty dumb joke if you ask me..... [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

chris, don't panic!i use that stuff as a deterrant..and put it this way..im still here,biting my nails..
    someone did that to me once, plopped a peardrop in the nasty stuff..i got a mouthful..unpleasant, but nothing will make you ill

I'm sure it tasted icky, but I think you'll be fine. Try not to worry. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

You will be fine. My parents used something very similar to get
    my sister to stop sucking her thumb. It tastes gross, but it's
    supposed to. Have no fear...you will not get sick from
    this. Carrie

I put that on my daughter's fingernails last winter because she constantly kept licking her finger tips to keep them moist.Well...me, and emet, had to put a stop to her putting her germy fingers in her mouth, so I used it on her all the time. She tasted it all the time and it never made her sick. That stuff is made for that reason. You will be ok! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Charlotte

I would be very upset with your friend. He/she had no buisness giving you something like that as you could be allergic. Do not take anything from anyone except from your drug store. It just brings up too many saftey issues and can cause an emergency.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

aww dont worry chris. I dont think that the anti-nail biting stuff is designed to make people sick. I think that it just tastes nasty. I'm sure that you'l be fine. Thinking about it will only make you feel bad