Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hI

As you know Im preparing for wedenesday Ipecac-war. I have been so anxious and sad and nervous about what Im gonna do but today my therapist called and told me "she had come down with the stomach flu and we should reschedule to next wednesday. Im so relieved but also freaked that shes sick.

Im practising on vomiting, (putting fingers in throat and pretending to heave until It doesnt feel as scary (wich it does). I did my worse practising last night, trying to eat something that taste pjuke wich is PARMESAN AND KETCHUP. I was so scared and cried and it tasted awful and I felt sick from the taste, but I did it. Gonna continue taste it until It doesnt bring out an anxiety attack.

Im so sorry If Im graphic and not writing stars after V but I actually feel comfortable with the words now, sometimes. I dont mean to disgust anyone or make you feel uneasy and scared after reading this.

Love
    eh!!

well done you! it's good that you're physically preparing yourself for this, but don't feel too defeated if you should decide that you can't go through with the actual process of being sick, it's brave of you to even attempt.
    it does sound as though you're determined to see this through though, so good on you!
    as for your thoughts and feelings afterwards, you may not be over this phobia,but if you can come face to face with your worst ever fear..then imagine what else you'll be able to face!

i didnt know this was a planned thing.. or mayb i did, i just forgot...

anyway.. it all sounds so scary to me, and smthing i cud never imagine myself doing! i guess im kinda inspired by ur strength and determinism to get over this, that u'd try smthing lke that...

Jenxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best of luck to you. I hope it helps your phobia and doesn't cause it to worsen.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I was considering putting my fingers down my throat until it doesn't render a panic attack anymore, and I think... I may try it.Edited by: tomvickery
    Hard Normal Daddy

You guys are really brave and I commend you for testing yourself the way you are. My problem is mostly with other people so a test for me would have been to go to the appointment with the sick therapist.

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I agree with the others here in feeling that you're very brave to even be considering Ipecac.It's certainly not something I could contemplate!

However,I would urge you to take a look at this webpageI came across (URL below),there are a couple of stories from other emets who have tried the same thing.You may find it helpful if you have not already seen it.

http://emetophobia.bravepages.com/

\"You are a child of the universe,no less than the trees and the stars,you have a right to be here\" Max Erhmann
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    esiderata.

Tomvickery- Tried it. I thought it would make me used to gagging. I'm actually still doing it. Making myself gag a couple times a day. Its helping I think.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">i think you are a truly brave soldier- whether any of us thinks its a 'cure' or not- what you are doing is both courageous and foccussed- with that kind of determination- i am sure that whatever the outcome - u will have overcome an awful lot and one day will free yourself from this - you are far more brave than i - much respect to you!!!lisa</TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    lisa-intuitive 1

I learned at some point that I could gag like BIG TIME and still not vomit. I used to have tonsilitis a lot in my early twenties, and the doctor put those swabs down my throat, and I would gag and freak out. Then one day I thought to myself "hey - when I gag I still don't vomit ever", so I began to try it myself and sure enough! From that point on, I was not really scared of dental instruments, etc...cuz I knew I could gag, but still wouldn't vomit.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I gag practically every morning when I brush my teeth (I brush my tongue) and it's a scary feeling, and not a good feeling, but it's something you get used to. What I can't stand is the gagging that I get in response to something, like a smell or a thought. I don't know if you could ever get used to that. Esp. because you're not sure if it will lead to getting sick. Sometimes that gagging feeling stays for a long time, like an hour or so. Ick. Talking about it has made me burpy and gaggy.

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

***poss graphic?***

but are u really gagging? just last night before is was 'nearly' sick twice - i kept burping and bring up gas - and then when i realllllly gagged - it was so so different - the noises i was making and how my body was automatically taking over. i really WANTED somehting to come out - id been feeling rough for 4 hours and just wanted to get it over with - i think the gagging/retchin kinda goes hand in hand with the actually v* coming out....after i had really gagged i felt much better. the second time it happened my body just propelled it self forward making horrid noises and i cld feel it in my throat - i ld taste it/smell it but NOTHING.

Guys - you are so brave if you are gonna go through with this - but i just think if your body REALLY needs to vomit then it will prepare itself properly. coz there is something it really needs to get rid of. its totally up to u tho and i guess if u wanna practice gaggin then sure - but just make sure u have the proper help and advice - and strong mind to cope with the after affects. let us know how it goes - im sure we will all be thinking of u! (but not too grpahically hey!)

ems x

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">i learnt that when it comes to the 'gag' reflex topic - mother nature created a wonderful little device within us that stops us from being sick in certain situations. Babies- especially preemies dont grow this function fully until about 12 months old- but i found this out because my little jai kept bringing uphis milk- every time he coughed, sneezed, i washed his face etc -it was 'hello- here comes the bottle again'- its because he lacked the 'gag' reflux thingy bob- i'm very medically terminology technologically minded arent i???????anyway guys- we all have it- that special very helpful to an emetophobe thingy in our throats /stomachs -and it keeps those 'contents' where they ought to be- so rest assured- anyone afraid of gagging leading to vomiting that u really dont need to be concerned- it almost definately wont happen - i wont say 100% because fear does tremendous things but - its a medical fact that even when we cough etc , all stays exactly where it should!!!!!And i for one am very pleased about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    lisa-intuitive 1