Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

has anyone expierenced this?I am so scared of catching it as I am currently living on campus at university and it has been going around. Apparently you will feel fine one minute and be throwing up the next, I am so FRIGHTENED n being at uni makes me so much more vunarable...HELP is there anything I can do to avoid this "disease"?

To avoid diseases, I generally wash my hands a lot, and avoid being breathed on or coughed on. I also avoid shaking hands with anybody, and although this may seem rude, i find another way to say a polite "hello"! Generally, just keep good hygiene and you will be fine!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Be sure not to touch your face at any time (eyes, nose, mouth, etc.)

The way this disease is spread, is by oral-fecal contact; meaning it is not airborne. It only can live on objects or people. As long as you don't touch something like a doorknob after someone with that bug touched it, and then you touch your face....then you will be fine. Careful of talking close with someone with the bug; for the spit that comes out of their mouth when they talk, can land on your lips. Keep your distance, and don't touch your face, and keep your hands washed; then you will be fine! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I carry purell (hand sanitizer) with me in my purse and use it after I touch anything at my college or anywhere else for that matter! It works wonders and makes you feel more at ease. Charlotte

I also use hand sanitizer during the winter months (I love the scented varieties at Bath & Body). Be sure to either wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before you eat any food because I've heard the easiest way to catch the bug is by eating with unclean hands. I would also limit the number of people you allow in your dorm room and be sure no one else uses your pillow.

if you take sensible precautions, like these good people have suggested, you won't stand a chance of getting any disease..
    the majority of diseases are contracted by people, who perhaps do not wash their hands properly, or prepare their food properly..
    let the virus run it's course, it's the season, and stomach bugs and flu have a tendency to combine and run through until janruary
    remember, don't feel the necessity to wash your hands too often, everything in moderation as they say
    good luck

I have had it, it was awful, I was sick 7 times i was so scared BUT look on the bright side once you have had the bug you can't get it again. So then if you get it this winter you have no need to worry next winter. Also for me it only lasted a night, because the day after I was completely fine. Good luck. I tried to avoid it like the plague, I didn't leave the house for about 3 weeks for fear of getting the bug and I wouldn't open ANY windows in the house,the only reason I got the bug was because my mum is a nurse and shecame home from work and all the patients on her ward had it and she carried the bug on her uniform andI hugged her in the morning then went and ate breakfast.If I had only knew that clothes carried bugs I may not have gotten the bug in the first place. So don't worry if you just take the sensible precautions likeeveryone's said you should be fine Edited by: angelbunny