Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: not helping!!

Default not helping!!

well emet at the moment isnt so good these last couple of weeks have been horrible i wake up feeling n* and have been getting alot of headaches and im sick of all of it now! emet has been really bad for me i still carnt really leave my house i wasnt eating this time last year and made myself really ill i lost alot of weight and ended up in hospital i am alot better with eating now and have put some weight back on but some days i still worry i have eaten too much but i cope with it somehow!

i do get theraphy for emet but it dosent seem to work i go every 2 week if im feeling ok to leave the house but when i do get there it seems she repeats herself with the same thing she told me 2 week before and last time my mum told her that she told me all this the 2 week before but didnt do much about it and it seems i make all the effort to leave my house for no reason at all i just wish i could have a normal life and go out and enjoy myself with my friends but i carnt

also my mum is getting sick of me now because im always complaining i feel s* and always worried and shes been getting really moody towards me and i feel like i have to get thru it on my own i feel depressed all the time and all i seem to do is cry i just wish i could get better sorry for writing so much ive just had enough!!

Default Re: not helping!!

Awww bless you :/ Im kinda the same, my mum doesnt listen to me anymore when Im scared, she thinks I do it for attention. It's horrible that you dont have anyone to talk to about this but feel free to pm me or something The thing is with this phobia is its extremely repetetive, the nausea and cramps and stuff that always turn into nothing. Sorry your having such a hard time but its good to remember the chances of getting sick are extremely low... usually you only get sick if a sv is going around your house, and people who catch them from school and work and stuff, are just not careful enough... your immune system can sort stuff out aswell so try not to get to worked up over something that I doubt will happen, I know its easier to say than do but in time things will get easier... maybe you can talk to a friend or something about your problems or perhaps you can sit down and talk properly to your mum, Im sure she will understand <3 We're always here btw x
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: not helping!!

poor thing, I have patches where I'm better and worse and sometimes I refuse to let it hold me down then weeks when i cant get out of bed... dont make the mistake of thinking the depression is anything other than in relation to this fear... i spent all of this week literally in bed all day every day because i was so afraid i was sick... constantly n*!! until today when i got myself out of bed to do things and to pull myself together and now I'm back in bed scared again..
    It feels like a road block in your brain, dont you think? something you cant get around...
    I've started Hypnotherapy and that seems to be making some progress in conjunction with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy... its hard though because no matter what I'm still terrified of it happening....
    I too lost a lot of weight and at the moment fit childrens size clothing... my eating patterns are on and off but any time I step out of my safety foods I start to freak out completly!
    You are not alone and any time you want to talk you can talk to me... my parents are also tired of hearing it, so are my friends and my boyfriend.... he barely understands because he's perfectly fine with v* i have no understanding of how!! I'm thinking about what food I have in my stomach or what might come up if it were to happen...
    your welcome to add me to facebook or email me any time you need support because its a disabling fear but we will pull through it and slowly heal with support and determination!!!
    Remind yourself of every time you thought it was going to happen and it amounted to nothing... or all the times you've been full and have ended up fine!
    Also remind yourself to compare to people without the fear, they eat huge meals with no fear and are rarely unwell...
    Do you have certain foods you stick to? or just small amounts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one whose will is stronger than his fear.