Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

just wondering what kids of medicine can you take to prevent nausea/vomitting? Is there a medicine that can stop you from throwing up? I know I have Gravol, which helps if you feel nauseaus on a plane or on a road trip.

Just wondering what other kinds there are. Specifically for nausea and vomitting due to stomac aches, ect.

Thx.

mmm, im interested in anti-emetics too. i no doc's can perscribe them...

im so rusty on this drug business :s just never really thort of it as an option.

Jen xxxxx

p.s. sorry im not help, and sorry that was a pathetic useless post, lol.
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gravol is one of the best....then there's bonine, stemetil, and a couple others.

gravol isn't just for going on a plane, it'll work in other cases too. Though for a stomach ache maybe a pepto bismol is best. Apparently it even protects against small amounts of ipecac.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

Emetrol, but I don't know what it's called in Canada or the UK.
    Love is the only rational act.

The thing is, over-the-counter stuff may stop you from throwing up, but it won't generally help your phobia, or your FEAR of throwing up, which is 99% of the time causing the feeling you have anyway. I've read posts from people who take a hellavalot of meds for "vomiting" on a daily basis, when people only vomit once every 10 or 20 years anyway. That can't be good for you.

The best thing to do is to keep some stuff for "absolute emergencies", and then WORK ON THE PHOBIA. Since I've been cured of the fear of vomiting myself (21 years) I only take Pepto once a year when I eat something weird, and gravol just sits on my shelf and goes expired. That's where you really wanna be, I think.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

you dont wanna take too much gravol. it works yes, but it can really make you out of it! only take it when you need it.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Sage, I understand what you are saying! I carry gravol for emergencies (When I fly for example-I get really nervous). I was at a point where I took one whenever I had a sore stomac (don't worry I stopped!). It makes you dizzy and sleepy, so I only take it when I absolutely feel I can't do without.