Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What is your sibling position?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • oldest child

28 35.44%
  • youngest child

22 27.85%
  • only child

13 16.46%
  • middle child, but oldest girl

2 2.53%
  • middle child, but oldest boy

0 0%
  • middle child, youngest girl

2 2.53%
  • middle child, youngest boy

0 0%
  • 5 years older than siblings

7 8.86%
  • 5 years younger than siblings

4 5.06%
  • twin

1 1.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hi Guys,

I wonder if you, my fellowemets, would help me out with this poll for a research project I'm doing. I'm trying to research if anxiety disorders have any relation to sibling position.

If your sibling position is not covered in this poll, then reply with a post explaining why.

Thanks so much for helping me out - the more research we do on this, the better.

NOTE: YOU CAN "VOTE TWICE" IN THIS POLL - IF MORE THAN ONE POSITION APPLIES TO YOU. PLEASE POST A REPLY TO TELL ME YOU'VE DONE THAT, OR IT WILL SKEW THE RESULTS.

THANKS.Edited by: sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sure, cause I am very odd there! I always say I am the oldest, youngest, middle and only all at the same time! Here is why: I am the oldest of my father's two children, the youngest of my mother's three children, I am the middle cause I have older and younger siblings, BUT, I am the only of my mother and father together! No wonder I am messed up, huh?
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

thanks harmony! that in itself wouldn't mess you up - lol!

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Ha! I know...was kidding! I do think it was the divorce of my parents' at aged 8, where my mom (as well as big bro and sis) all left at once!!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I voted both youngest sibling and 5 years younger.

I am the youngest in my family by 8 years.

No prob, I am the youngest (have an older brother)

This was kind of weird for me...cos I am the middle child, youngest girl...AND I am 5 years younger than my older siblings....AND around 5 years older then my younger brother. So I picked all three of those.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I voted twice, I am the oldest sibling, and also am 5 years older than my sister.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>

Hey Sage...

Proud to help you out... however I too had to vote twice because I'm the middle child and the only daughter... so that makes me both the youngest and the oldest girl )

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

I am the oldest sibling, and my youngest sister is 7 years younger than I am.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

I was the youngest of 2, but my brother passed onin a tragic accident this past summer...so I am really "only child" now. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Charlotte

Oooops, forgot to say that I put my vote on "youngest child"... Charlotte

Sage - I am not only the youngest, but I am the youngest in a large family - there are 6 of us. My next sib is my sister who is only 3 years older than I am, but by the time you get to the oldest, there is a 13 year age difference (I was his bar mitzvah present). I only ticked off youngest.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

I'm like harmonygirl, I'm the oldest, but also an only child of my mom and dad, my parents divorced shortly after I was born, and each remarried around the same time and had another kid 1 week apart from each other (the day after my 7th birthday and then a week later). I only checked oldest child and 5 years older....
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I votedtwice for the youngest child and only child. I didn't fit with any of the middle child positions because on my dad's side I am somewhat of a middle child but not the youngest nor the oldest girl. My mom's side I am the youngest but never lived with my brother because he lived with my grandmother, so technically I was raised as a only child and have tendicies towards only child ways. Ok now that is messed up. Not only that but, I have a brother on my dad's side that is 7 months older than I and would of had a sister 2 months older than I but she died at 2. Then my mother married my sister's (from my dad's side)uncle. Oh such a confusing family I have been born into. Crazy.... Hope that helps Sage
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~ee cummings~

i voted twice for being a twin and being the youngest
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I am the youngest. I have a brother who is 1 year older.

ok i voted youngest child as i have one older brother who is 3yrs older

vicky

Ivoted oldest by 5 years, as my brothers are 5 (almost) and 7 years younger

I am the oldest kid. I have one brother who is 3 years, 3 weeks, and 1 day younger than me.
    -Anna

I am the oldest child. I am 6 years older than my brother, but that wasn't achoice anyway. Just thought I'd let you know anyway. Maybe close enough?

Oh i forgot to post that I am an only child!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I'm a lonely only.

The end.

Exciting, eh?

Proud to help ya Sage

I'm the oldest. My sister is younger than me.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Thanks so much for the clarifying info, everyone. I'll use it to calculate in the results.

Discouraging to have 222 views and only 23 responses! I wish everyone would vote!

last try bringing this to the top