Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So proud of myself

Got a little bit of unexpected exposure therapy today...
    I went to the ER because I've been having some weird back and chest pain that gets worse when I eat. Anyway, of course I was paranoid from the get go because sick people go to the ER! Well I did freak out a little when I heard a lady checking in with a baby say v*, d*. Luckily I was called back just then so I wasn't around her

well the ER was so busy they had me and a few other people in the hallway on gurnies. It sucked. It was hard for me not to hear what was wrong with the lady next to me. Apparently, she had a brain tumor removed in August and is going through chemo. She's getting recurring kidney infections. She said this was the worst one of all so they called an ambulance. I heard her husband say she was v* earlier. I also noticed her daughter was carrying a little plastic shoebox, obviously for her mom to v* in. Well guess what??!? I noticed she sat up at one point and then I saw her daughter reach for the shoebox. I didn't hear anything or see it happening but I knew what happened like 6 feet from me and I didn't freak! I even saw IT after and her daughter walked right by me to the bathroom to get rid of it. I didn't even get the slightest bit panicky! I think because I knew it wasn't contagious. And I felt really bad for the lady.
    But yeah so I'm proud of the small accomplishment!

Default Re: So proud of myself

good for you!! hold on to that good memory........it may come in handy......hope that you are ok (back and chest pains i mean)

congrats on being too cool!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats great you could work out it wasnt anything you could catch and be ok with it

Hope you are ok

Poor lady! I mean i know it's hard for us emets to be around it but think of the pain she's going through! i hope shes okay... poor lady, and she has a family.
    anyways good on you for not freaking out.

AWESOME! Wish I could do that...

Aww, bet it was awful for that lady! But go you for thinking rationally xx
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So did they figure anything out for you while you were in the ER?
    JANNA

Congrats love

Congrats! what was causing the pain?