Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What anxiety disorders are in your family

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • mother

17 22.37%
  • father

14 18.42%
  • siblings

6 7.89%
  • maternal grandmother

10 13.16%
  • maternal grandfather

3 3.95%
  • paternal grandmother

4 5.26%
  • paternal grandfather

2 2.63%
  • aunts or uncles

12 15.79%
  • cousins

8 10.53%
  • great-grandparents

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi Everyone,

IMPORTANT: POST A REPLY IF YOUR ANSWER IS "NO ONE"!

Here's question # 2. As with #1 you can vote more than once. But please post a message telling me that you've done that, so I can sort it out...only vote twice if more than one answer applies to you.

ThanksEdited by: sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I voted father, but i wasnt really sure because he used to have a lot of anxiety about needles and such, but it went away, and he was never treated.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

that's ok - thanks for voting. i would count this as an anxiety disorder indeed, treated or not...my research may actually point to the fact that although it "went away" in him, in showed up in you.

we'll see - thanks again

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

(..i accidently clicked on aunt..i'm sorry!! >_&lt I voted for my mom and my cousin.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I put mother, and maternal mother (mom's mother). My mom has bipolar disorder plus general anxiety and phobias too (not emet tho). I think my maternalgrandmother may have bipolar too, I know she has something tho. Also my great aunt (yes shes still alive!) who is my grandfather's (dad's dad) his sister has schitzophreia and has been in a mental institution since she was young, shes in her 80s now. Hope that helps.

I put my paternal grandmother because she suffered from depression, which is a big problem for me. I also put my paternal grandfather because he was a sexual predator and molested children. I assume he had to have some kind of mental or anxiety disorder.

DebbieEdited by: giff1949

i put aunts but my cousins have them too
    elizabeth

I vote No One.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>

Sage...

I might be just dumb... lol, but I wanted to ask before I actually took the poll so I didn't mess it up. Is depression actually considered an anxiety disorder? If it is then there are quite a few people, however if not I don't personally know that any of them have suffered from an anxiety disorder.

Let me know and I'll take the poll )

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

My maternal grandmother (God Rest Her Soul) was Bipolar... and I have had cousins with various anxiety related stuff.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

Sage,

I voted twice - maternal grandmother and aunts/uncles

<font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Mom mom has some serious anxiety disorders!! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte

I vote NO ONE

im the only one in our family as far as i know!

i voted twice: maternal grandfather and father.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Voted twice...once for my mother, once for my maternal grandmother.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I voted twice: mother and maternal grandfather both have/had bouts of depression and general anxiety.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I vote no one. My mother was just a narcisist(sp). Everything that I did reflected on her either getting herself felt sorry for or something else. I also had both my mother and grandmother teach me as "if you love me you will do" or "how could you do that, you don't love me" I hope that makes sense. So I don't really consider those anxiety disorders nor depression, I would not know what to cal it.
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~ee cummings~

I voted for father and siblings b/c my twin has it too
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I vote NO ONE

I vote NO ONE

I don't know..... [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

right i hope i got this right.......my father has anxiety probs and was in a mental hospital when he was younger,this was due to both alcohol abuse and aniexty..........his sister,which is my aunty has bad anxiety .....and then my fathers, father,which is my paternal grandfather had an anxiety prob........i really hope thats right

Vicky xx

My maternal grandmother has OCD, clinical depression, and anxiety issues of all kinds.
    -Anna

Here's my family history:

1.Mom: Anxiety and OCD - She takes medication, and I think she has seen a therapist before.

2.Dad: He mostly has anxiety, and a social phobia, I think. He tends to be shy. He's taking medication. I think he went to group therapy once or twice. Both of my parents cope very well now.

3. My mom's mom: I think she has anxiety. She's never been treated though.

4. My mom's dad: He's been treated for depression. He's also an alcoholic. He doesn't take any medication.

5. My dad's mom: She passed away 8 years ago, but I think she had anxiety. She was a very nervous person. I don't know if she was treated.

6. My mom's sister (my aunt): I think now she has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. She's on medication. She also has a social phobia.

7. My cousin: She has depression and anxiety. She has been treated, and I believe she is on medication also.

8. My brother: He has anxiety. It has just gotten really bad. He's 23 now. He just started taking Paxil. He was having bad panic attacks. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I have put my maternal grandmother as she had schizophrenia. Also put
    aunts and uncles as uncle on dad's side suffers regularly from
    depression and anxiety and my aunt on mum's side suffers from both too.
    Rachel

Laughing is good exercise, it\'s like jogging on the inside!!!

Hi sage

Voted twice

once for mom

and once for aunt/uncle cuz my auntie wendy has one and my uncle pete does too. so i guess i was bound to get it.

Sage, I voted twice. Mum and dad.

Thank you please.
    Hard Normal Daddy

Thanks everybody.

FYI - depression is not an anxiety disorder, it's a mood disorder...and I'm not surveying all mental or emotional disorders at this time.

I'll factor all this into the results. Very interesting so far. Keep voting those of you who haven't yet!

bringing this to the top for one more try

I vote No one