Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My husband has me panicking!

He works at a bar really late. He got home around 3am ish. I woke up and we were talking for a while. Then he said he was going to sleep so he rolled over. Then he says "my stomach is starting to not feel well" I said "you mean like you're getting sick?" he said yes. I said "like you're going to v*?" he said very sternly I DON'T KNOW! Then he immediately said "I'm sorry. I know how you feel about p*ing. We'll find out in a few hours I guess" and now he's snoring in my ear!!! Omg!! If only I could be that casual! I said "thanks now I'm going to be up all night! Awesome!" Cause now I'm worried he'll get s* in the middle of the night and try to get up and not make it to the bathroom etc etc etc. Ughhhhh this sucks.
    Only good thing is that I'm hungry. That's always my "safety net". I know if I'm hungry I'm not s*.
    We're supposed to go to NYC on Wednesday and now I'm going to be paranoid that he'll be s* and give it to me and we'll have to cancel yet another trip because of my stupid fear.

Default Re: My husband has me panicking!

Was there any chance he might have had a couple of drinks after work or eaten something at work that has made him feel a bit off ?

Can you sleep somewhere else for the rest of the night ?

Hope he is ok and you dont get to stressed

Oh dear... :/ I feel bad for you, if he managed to get to sleep and hasnt v*ed it might just be something he ate or even just basic stomach pain. hope everything alright x
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you guys!!
    We woke up this morning and I immediately asked how he felt. He said "fine. I just had to fart" oh. My. GOD! I wanted to kill him! Lol but I have asked him several times today how he feels and he said he's fine. He's outside doing yardwork

My sisters bf did that he was sitting there and he goes my stomach feels funny Ive probably got a bug... then he goes loo and says he just needed toilet... talk about jumping to conclusions!! Im glad your husbands alright, poor you having to go through that though x
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If his stomach was just then starting to feel odd, he really may have know idea if it is something that could lead to v*, or just a quick cramp. At that early, remaining calm and casual is probably good, rather than panicking.

If he was able to fall asleep, than he is probably fine, and you had/have nothing to worry about

I totally feel you...I panic at the slightest hint of stomach distress on my husband's part. I'll stay up all night, and if he so much as moves I bolt awake, panicking.
    Hadenough is right though...if you can find another place to sleep when that happens, you'll be able to do that: SLEEP! I have no qualms with pulling out the air mattress and putting it in the opposite end of the house! (The guest bedroom is right next to the master bath and bedroom).