Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just been diagnosed

Hey everyone!

I've just been to my first counselling sessions and after 19 years have been diagnosed with emetophobia. I've been reading through all of your stories and it's so lovely to see people write things that I think and feel, and that we aren't alone.

Thank you all, I feel supported

Tori xxx

Default Re: Just been diagnosed

welcome, tori. i know that being on this site has helped me immensley....alot just from knowing that i'm not alone....or crazy.....and i can talk to people here who totally get how i feel.

glad you are in therapy.......i'm still hoping to find a therapist near me.......i'm 58 and have been dealing with it for 50 years........just finally put a name to my anxiety about 6 months ago.......great sense of relief in that.

keep reading and posting and welcome
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks olschesky!!

Oh my goodness, I am sorry to hear that you've been living with emet for so long and the anxiety has only just been recognised - doctors huh? Sometimes they just don't understand! Are you on medication? I am for my anxiety and it has helped me so so much.

xxxx

Welcome
    This site is pretty amazing to me, I hope you find what you need here... and you are definatly not alone
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you Rache, I truly appreciate that. It's so weird to finally have a name for what I feel and a place I can come and not feel so alone. It's being a great comfort just knowing that this site exists.

Tori xxxx