Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default please help me!!!

my dog keeps v* because he ate a dead rabbit. my mum is the only one who can bear cleaning it up and she keeps r*g and v*ing herself. Im now being forced deliberately to clean it up myself and I just cant do it, and the dog is going if I cant. I am a boy and its strange being in this situation, but I feel like crying, its the only thing I truly fear. WHAT SHOULD I DO??? I love my dog to pieces, more than anyone on this planet and my mum cant understand me. I dont want him to go. Not only that but im afraid I will catch something from the v* (Im not sure if its possible) but in a straight yes or no from evidence, can you catch a tummy bug from breathing in the particles? PLEASE HELP NOW im in the worst state of my life. Secondly my dog might get sold (no joke) and how do i rescue him?

Default Re: please help me!!!

i am a vet tech and you cant not catch anything from a dog, there are some very very rare instances but dont even think it...im not sure what you can do about your situation, BUT dog vomit is not that bad...if you can learn how to deal with the things that happen with dogs, do you think your mom will let you keep it?

I feel so stupid now. I shouted i wasnt cleaning it, even the sight of it is enough and I just cant do it. She cleaned it and its decided now I am out of the house. Im not sure if she means it but I woke everyone up shouting. This phobia has gotten so bad im affecting everyone in the house and nobody will understand it, so im faced with situations (none have ever been this bad) all the time. Cant get therapy because I refused to go, once a week was resolving nothing and I need it all clearing at one time rather than prolonging it. I cant afford therapy myself because I cant get a job anywhere and cant get it anymore for free because I refused it. Im also failing college for poor attendance (lack of sleep worrying and falling out with my family). I havent ever been unreasonable until now. Its a relief to know im not the only one who is being eaten alive by this phobia though, just feel I have no way of getting over it as I do most things. Thanks so much for the support and at least I can try to handle any problems (if im still here) with my dog in the future.

ive never shouted before either. my brother usually cleans things (I clean the garden) I cant handle v* to save my life. I dont have another phobia and nobody knows about mine or even suspects it (I hide it very well). I havent been ill for a long time, but feel its just a matter of time because everyone around me, even piers at college v* in front of me. I admit im in weird situations at the moment

Try putting Vicks vaporub under your nose, and that should take care of the smell if there is any. My dog v* once and it smelled like human v* and I did this and just cleaned it up b/c I love the little guy. =)

I feel for you and your poor dog! How is he now? I'm sure your mum will calm down, and won't actually kick you out. You remind me of myself. This phobia causes arguments between me and my family all the time. At times my mum has threatened to kick me out, but she never really means it. I hope you're feeling better!

Your mom was probably just angry that you shouted and felt like you were just plain refusing to help her. She won't kick you out. She wants to get rid of the dog because you wouldn't help clean up? She was probably aggravated because no one likes to clean up v*. You should probably tell them of your phobia. You say you hide it? Maybe your family would be more sympathetic if they knew about it

You should print out the article under "Get the Facts" in the Information and Research section of this website....then give it to your family to read saying "this is me....I'm sorry I've been so unreasonable. please read it."
    Hopefully it will spark some fruitful family discussion. You really need them on your side!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i know its horrible being in a situation like that. my cat sometimes gets sick and im afraid of it. i used to work at vet surgery and have to clean up v* all the time and how i dealt with it was to just do it. i freak out like you did, but i stop and chill for a bit and breath. its easier said then done i know. im not that bad with pet v*. when a person gets sick im a mess. i cant deal with that. i've learned to be ok around sick animals but not people. and being forced to clean that up would just cause you to get upset and yell. i know i would! dw too much. explain to your mum why you couldnt and being a mother she should understand.