Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What is the most questionable thing...

...You have seen a non-emet eat, and they were FINE afterward?

I'd have to go with the famous pizza incident two nights ago with my sister...LoL. She was fine, didn't complain to me about a stomach ache or anything.

Also once my dad ate a good chunk of pate that smelled funny, me and my mom declared it was BAD but he ate it anyway and was fine. My mom made him throw it out though LOL!

Anything you guys have seen that you were like, "EWWW DON'T EAT THAT!" But they did anyway and were fine? I want to see if I'm the only one surrounded by people who will eat stuff if it "Tastes Fine" LoL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Default Re: What is the most questionable thing...

Yepp... my mum always eats out of date things... ughh it annoys me, she always goes with the theory "Im sure god didnt put dates on everything" but shes onlyy got a bit of diarrea from it once... darn these people are lucky, then again I've eaten a bite of pink chicken and was fine and the other month I ate a yogurt that was a whole month out of date and was completely fine... maybe things arent as bad as we think
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh my gosh, it seems I am continually freaking out over people eating gross, possibly spoiled food! Three times stand out for me, though--My husband ate mashed potatoes from Boston Market (made with lots of butter, etc) that had been sitting in the hot car in the summer for 2 days--and he was fine! (Can you believe it?) Once, my ex-boyfriend drank a cup of cold coffee that was like 1/2 cream, that had been sitting in his apartment on the windowsill for 3 days. He just drank it down while I looked on in utter horror--and he was fine! Another time--I had meant to clean out the fridge and throw away the old eggs, bacon, etc...but I thought I'd do it later, and took a shower. I came out and my husband had made breakfast for his parents out of the old eggs and old bacon--they were both expired by about a month. Everyone was fine--I couldn't believe it, especially when he said the bacon felt a little slimy! Aaaahhhh!!! I can't imagine playing russian Roulette with my stomach like that--that will NEVER EVER be me! lol

My brother once ate a tub of profiteroles (cream filled buns) when the cream was bad. He was only like 7 at the time and thought that maybe profiteroles weren't particularly nice tasting anyway haha! He was fine.

Also, last week, to prove a point, my therapist peeled an orange, dropped it in a bin, picked it up again, wiped it on the phone, wiped it on his shoe, wiped it on the DAMN TOILET SEAT! and on the door handles, then ate it. I have to say I was SO SCARED but I'll tell you on thursday if he was ill or not - he says he's done it loads before though.
    "Here in the final draft, I've given all I have,
    Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan,
    There's nothing left on the page but I'm okay with that,
    I found my resolution was designed for stronger hands"

Vixki--Really?? Your therapist is committed to his career, I'll say! I am in awe--oh my gosh!!! yeah, let us know, I'm curious--but I bet he IS fine! Now if I tried that---

Yep. Really. Apparantly it's something CBT therapists have to do a lot, cos there's a lot of germaphobes out there :P
    He says he's probably done it about 500 times over his career, never got sick ONCE.
    And we watched a video where a therapist actually dropped something in the actual toillet, then ate it, EW! I think I was more scared then he was haha
    that shows how silly emet is though - I was freaking out even though NO WAY could anything happen to me!

Well, I know what line of work I'm NOT going into! Ha-ha!! I know--I'm forever freaking out for "other people's sakes"

LOL yeah. He says when he first had to do it (20 years or so ago), he was really scared and constantly thought he was getting ill, but he says now although it's not particularly pleasant it doesn't worry him at all.

i don't know about other people's, but mine was a cup of yogurt. i had left it in my room for 4 whole days in the summer when my room doesn't get airconditioned. so it was sitting in a 90 degree room before my mom put it back in the fridge and i ate it, unbeknownst to me that it was the same yogurt.

once i found out i freaked out but by some miracle from god i did not get sick at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vixki View Post
    Yep. Really. Apparantly it's something CBT therapists have to do a lot, cos there's a lot of germaphobes out there :P
    He says he's probably done it about 500 times over his career, never got sick ONCE.
    And we watched a video where a therapist actually dropped something in the actual toillet, then ate it, EW! I think I was more scared then he was haha
    that shows how silly emet is though - I was freaking out even though NO WAY could anything happen to me!
    I have actually SWALLOWED a bit of toilet water before and never gotten sick or anything
    Okay, I know how wierd it sounds but I got it threw on me :L:L and I remember a bit going in my mouth, and I was completely fine
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"

I've got a toddler and I'm amazed of all the stuff he has ate like his own feces, drank fish pond water, licked the drain of the bath tub and a bit of dog drool with nacho cheese (he shared part of his nacho with our dog).

Wow non-emets...who is more crazy? Us? Or them? I mean all this stuff could have easily made them sick, it didn't but it could have! Are we crazy for not trying it? Or are they crazy for trying it? I don't know! I do know that one of my sister's friends ate chinese food that was sitting in a car all day in the hot summer sun and was fine...but seriously who would even WANT to eat that? SO GROSS!

When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Canned mushrooms out of date
    Spoiled meat
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

I have a friend who would buy fast food like from Mcdonald's on the way in to work and if she didn't eat it all she'd just put it into her desk and eat it the NEXT day, not refrigerate it or anything! I used to freak out on her but she always would just say ''it's still ok,"and she never got sick. Crazy.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

I had a friend who literally did NOT OWN a refridgerator! He would have chicken, cheese, all sorts of things. In the winter, he would keep some stuff outside (at least it was cooler) but in the summer, he still just ate the same stuff, leaving it on the counter or whatever. I stayed with him for a few days once, and I saw him make mashed potatoes with cheese and hot sauce (gross in and of itself) and then like, 3 days later, just go back and have some more. HE would have meat (cooked) leave it on the counter for 2 days, and then go eat the rest when he came home from the bar. The only thing I can think of is he v* most nights from excessive alcohol, so the stuff couldn't hurt him? I really have no idea how he's even still alive!!