Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Christmas time

Hey everyone, I am a little scared and not sure what to do. I have been asked to help out at a drop in shelter for homeless people. To do a cut-a-thon. There are already 200 people on the list to get their hair cuts. I really want to go and help out, but this shelter had a breakout of the norwalk virus, about 100 people caught it, about a month ago. I have a friend who is a security guard there and she didnt catch it. And even though it was a month ago I am really scared, But I want to go so badly. Im not sure what I should do. Maybe I should contact the center and ask about it, to make myself feel better? I dont know.

Hey There... try not to worry too much! Doing something like that would do wonders for the other people and on top of that, your self esteem! If you're really wondering about the condition of the shelter, just ask about it. On the other hand, the norwalk virus is transmitted through contaminated hands, by the means of bodily fluids. So keep your hands clean and don't let people sneeze or cough on you!
    xoxo
    Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This sounds like a great way to share some of your time with the less
    fortunate. And a great way to face your fears. I know it's
    easy for me to say, but this is a wonderful idea. You should do
    it. And remember, if you begin to get panicky, or feel
    uncomfortable, you can always leave. Good luck, let us know how
    it goes. Carrie