Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: One scared mama

Default One scared mama

I'm not sure where to post, but figured I'd start here.
    I'm currently at the opposite end of the house as my 2.5 year old. Typing with one hand holding my 5 month old because I can't stand to be near my DD's room. I just found out about emet tonight and reading the info here has been absolutely amazing. Like the author has been following me throughout my life.
    My fear seems to worsening since my baby was born in November.

My DD is 2.5 and I think she is cutting molars. She told me her teeth hurt and she had a low temp. 99.4 (I do obsessively temp). I gave her some ibuprofen since that always helped my oldest with teeth pain but now I'm afraid it will make her n*. I flip out when she coughs at night, last night was bad and I'm afraid my actions are going to affect her or make her unnecessarily anxious.

I'm hoping to find some help now that I know what I'm up against

Default Re: One scared mama

welcome to this site......it's helped me alot....just reading others posts and knowing that i can ask the craziest questions and not be laughed at......everyone understands.

i don't have any children.......have great respect for any emet who has gone through it..........there are lots of moms on here that i'm sure will have some good advice for you......

again welcome
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If it is her teeth they themselves wont make her *s* she might bring up some stuff but its from the excess saliva they have when they are teething which is why they cough more when they lay down.
    Try propping her on a pillow to help with the flow of the saliva .

I have not hidden this from my kids and they all know from an early age if they feel yucky to go to daddy as like them being scared of spiders or whatever they are scared of mummy is scared of sick. They cope with that fine and even my 4 year old will come to me when im having a panic and tell me its ok and give me a hug.

Hope she is ok teething is horrid for them Take it easy and just remember even though its hard it is just teething nothing else

Thanks for the welcomes.
    olschesky - having to deal with sick children is what has brought the fear out the most I think. I've allways had 'issues' with v*, but without children I just avoided situations or could remove myself from the stressful situation. Having children forces you to be there in a way. I think my DH is finally understanding the severity of it.

hadenough - I didn't know that about the saliva, though it makes sense, the last week or so she has had the coughing fits that un glue me only at night, usually about every 3 hours or so. Last night she only had two coughs so I got a little more sleep =) This was also the first year my oldest was in school. (pre-kindergarten) and that brought home many more bugs than we are used to dealing with. He handled them well, but my DD would v* quite often, many times beginning with a coughing fit.

It is nice to know there are people who can relate.

Welcome! I completely can relate to your feelings--I have been an emet for almost my whole life and you are right, without kids, you can somewhat control your environment and potential v* situations. NOT SO when you're a mom...and with the birth of my second child in Dec of '07, I have gotten progressively more fearful. (She v* much more than her brother, but instead of that fact helping me "get used to it", it just makes me worry more about her and her v*.) Anyway--no, you are def. not alone in this...we are all here for you. I hope your little one feels better!!