Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Anyone Ever Experience This?

So this is non-emet related... but I guess similar in the sense that I think it has to do with digestion.

Anyways... a couple days this week I have felt this very odd sensation in my lower abdomen. I'd describe it as the same place where my intestines and uterus are. It feels like a fluttering/pulsing sensation. It's been happening at varying intervals all day today... and I'm curious as to what it is. I don't think its the abdominal artery, as this movement does not coincide with my heartbeat at all. It happens pretty randomly, but the feeling is significant. It feels like what I imagine a moving fetus to feel like. If you put your hand on my lower abdominal area when it happens, you can feel it! Odd I know...

Just to clear it up, I am NOT pregnant. I haven't seen my boyfriend in over a month!

I'm guessing it's my IBS, but I can't be sure. Anyone else experience this ever? Anyone have any idea what it might be? I'm not freaked out... I just want to know what this odd sensation means.
    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Anyone Ever Experience This?

i get that sometimes too...its weird...i would say blood flow or some sort of fluid flowing! feel better.

I'm actually starting to think it was my uterus... I started having cramps right afterward. Now, I've got my lovely monthly! Oh joy! Thanks for the response.
    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haha! As I was reading your first post I was thinking "yeah that happens to me when I get my period!" :P Glad you figured it out!

I get that when I have to poop or fart sometimes

I was getting something like this yesterday. It was in my middle stomach though, just below my bellybutton. Strange and uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by abbi View Post
    Strange and uncomfortable.
    I can't argue with that. It made be very uneasy. Not because I was worried I was going to get sick, but just because it was a very odd sensation that I couldn't control, and that wouldn't stop!

Yeah, that's what it was like for me! It went away for awhile, and then came back when I was going to bed. I hope it stays away!