Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Is this okay to eat? HELP!

I had an unopened pack of chicken tenders that said it was good til feb 2011 as long as it was frozen. It was unopened until today, and I made a few but they are all covered in white ice crystals. I know you aren't supposed to eat FREEZER BURNED food, but is this okay? I think it was just ice crystals as it smells and looks fine. This pack of chicken tenders has been in my freezer for God knows how long but it has been unopened (Like I said) and good til next year. Can I eat them? I am starving! And won't have money til friday!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Default Re: Is this okay to eat? HELP!

Freezer burn is fine, it just makes it taste a little weird- but there's no bacteria or critters that can make you sick if you kept it frozen the whole time.

Yeah, they're fine...ice crystals aren't even freezer burn--since they've been in the freezer so long, they've had extra time to develop the ice crystals, y' know? I eat stuff that's crystall-y like that all the time. And yeah, even actual freezer burn wouldn't really hurt you, just taste a bit off. Chow down, girl!

They''ll be fine, enjoy! X

everything in my freezer has ice crystals on it i think........the chicken is fine
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.