Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Can someone please tell me if it's true...is there really an outbreak of Stomach Bug???????? I am from Toronto Canada and I am freaking out and going crazy. I may lock myself up until this outbreak is over...I CANT DEAL WITH THIS...if anyone is of Sane Mind and can help me out, talk me out of this...my MSN MSGR is [email protected]
    [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Edited by: snowangel

god I hope not. I havent heard of any except in NB which I hope was confined! where did you hear about this?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Snowangel: I live in the Toronto area as well, and I can tell you that there the stories that you've heard about the hospitals, while true, are not unusual for this time of year. Send mea PM if you want to chat.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Ughhh... I HATE the feeling when you know there's an outbreak. I feel the exact same way you do and just want to stay home until it's over. I don't think there is one here, but I think it's a thing I have with this week in December, as people in my family have gotten sick during this week in past years and I just equate it with 'it happened once it'll happen again', and it did!!! My stepdad was sick on Tuesday, although 300 miles away. It sucks because I'm a rational person usually but this fear just has a hold on me. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Sometimes I wish the news would just shut up about outbreaks because then we could go on with our lives.....[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

In my area(north-east UK) yes [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]i have it....... but it's ok, i get to spend all day in bed...... funn [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I've only been sick once.... and it was only a little bit, hardly anything came up, as i've had nothing to eat for a couple of days!

But i'm sure you'll be fine, just stay away from contageous people![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'm sure we will all be fine. Just keep up on washing your hands and stuff. You could even go get a mask from any store to wear out in public that should keep the germies out.

Id wear the mask but then Id look like micheal jaskson...[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll
    Id wear the mask but then Id look like micheal jaskson...[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

LOL! and i'm pretty sure that isn't a compliment!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I caught this bug i have now from my mam [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]grrrr! Except mine wasn't as bad as hers... so thats good!

Thank you all for your support. I have to say, I am going through pure Hell. My colleague who sits about 3.5 m away from me was off sick with the stomach flu. His kids had it, my other colleagues kids have it. I AM NOT HAPPY. Germs germs germs. My hands are dry, peeling from washing too much. I would rather scrub till the skin falls off then vomit !!!!!!! thank you all once again..Louise you brave soul, you are handling this all too well. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] I am impressed !!!

Me thinks the media makes it sound worse than it actually really is. Uh huh, thats how it was with SARS

Miriam

</font>

I just think that the stomach bug goes around all year round, but it is more common in the winter b/c people are locked up in their houses with all the windows and doors shut. They aren't outside as much. People tend to flock more together in the winter also b/c of holidays and parties too b/c of the cold. Just keep up the hand washing. And keep hands off of faces. That's what I think, at least.

I think the stomach bug goes around all winter, and that most schools have the outbreak, not the general public. I got my bug from school, so...I wouldn't worry. Just take vitimims and wash those hands squeaky clean!

lol remember, i'm not as bad as most of us here... but yet, i'm not as relaxed about stuff as non-emets. I do panic, but i'm a laid back person.. so.. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]