Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Omg help!

Default Omg help!

Okay my sister is over, and she just ate a whole bunch of food that she brought with her (Including sushi, of which I had none) Then she complained of being tired and started to get quiet and lethargic, now she's been in the bathroom for about 10 minutes. I Can't hear anything in there but the best I can figure is she is vomiting or having diarreha, both of which scare the heck out of me. I want to go to the door and ask her if she's okay, but I don't want to hear anything if I am not supposed to, you know? I am getting all panicky and flustered and feel nauseous myself but I know it's only nerves. Oh GOD what if she's sick? All I know is I am bleaching the hell out of that bathroom when she leaves. GOD IS ANYONE THERE WHO CAN TALK ME DOWN!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Default Re: Omg help!

im so sorry...i would be panicking too...but if you dont hear anything i think shes ok...i would just pray its diarrhea...even though your afraid of that...i think its way better than vomit.

I'm not scared of diarreha when it's me, cause well it's me LoL But other people yeah because of the germs! Anyway she WAS throwing up. Ugh! I have to bleach everything in there when she leaves. She says she's not sick she just ate too much, but seriously, you know....BLECH! I can't believe I am letting her stay here after this. She seems MUCH better and has been cracking jokes and everything, but still. People are so weird! (Non-emets I mean)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hmmm...no offense but that is so weird how she can just eat so much a go throw up and be fine...i would be crying...i am glad she is feeling better though...dont worry though..its not contagious...so you dont have to do a crazy scrub down!

Thanks I really hope not...sigh...yeah she does that sometimes she eats way too much and then pukes. Aparently it's not that uncommon in my family (Well except with me LoL) When I eat too much (Rarely) I lie down til the feeling passes. She fell asleep next to me, but I mean she's been working all day and I don't want to wake her. LoL. Besides throwing up takes it out of me so I can only imagine.

My brother does the same thing!!! I don't understand it. And I don't know how I lived with him all my life. We're complete opposites, he throws up ALL the time, and I never have.

Honestly I think your brave for even going in the bathroom. If someone throws up in my bathroom, I won't go within 10 feet of it until someone else bleaches it clean! I'll even hold my breath if I have to walk near it.
    ~Claryn :3
    Listen to my conversation with Dr. Drew on Loveline about emetophobia (warning: slightly graphic, fakey v* sound effect):

i have a friend that's bulemic.....do you think she might have those issues???
    how i feel about emet

Well my sister was treated for BUlemia a WHILE ago, years and years, and hasn't showed any signs of it since. I don't know, she's always like "I need to go on a diet tomorrow" but she eats a lot around me and this is the first time in years I've seen her duck into the bathroom to puke afterward. I hope she's okay!

that sounds like bulimia to me!! binging then purging!! my sister is bulimic and she says the reason she eats so much at once is so that it will come up easier??!!! how that makes sense, i dont know, but she says it makes it easier....she also explained to me once that she doesnt chew up the food very much because it makes more to v* up...
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

With a past of bulimia it may be reoccuring

But I wouldn't jump to conclusions, like I said, my brother does that sometimes and he is definitely not bulimic.

I would keep an eye on her behavior though.
    ~Claryn :3
    Listen to my conversation with Dr. Drew on Loveline about emetophobia (warning: slightly graphic, fakey v* sound effect):

No point in saying whether one is bulimic, anorexic or whichever as there's tons of info on Eating Disorders both on the Net and Barnes & Noble bookshelves; but, anyone with the insensitivity to act out in this fashion in your personal bathroom goes beyond civility.

Especialliy if he or she is aware of your attitude (phobia) about same and therefore should be asked to leave and take their issues elsewhere. Relatives or not, you don't need this inapproriate and needless stress.

I have a friend who was bulimic, and there are still some foods that involuntarily trigger her to be ill. Some of them she doesn't even know what they are until it's too late, but usually it tends to be former binge foods.

Regardless of whether she is in relapse or not, this could still affect your sister.

You may find these links helpful!

I think she is fine, she was over for the Lost finale (HOW SAD WAS THAT?) And she ate a lot while she was here and didn't throw up. Then we both cried and discussed the finale. Anyone watch LOST? OMG! Anyway I haven't seen any signs that she has relapsed. Sure she's concerned about her weight (And she looks fine) But I think she's doing okay.

Right now I am more worried that she's becoming an alcoholic. *Sigh* She's a hot mess, and if she is an alcoholic it's MY FAULT! (Long story)

Her possible alcoholism is NOT your fault.

Yeah well I helped her get a job as a stripper and she started getting drinks at the club and now she drinks just to cope....how is that not my fault?

Unless you force the drinks down her throat it isn't your faulr. Everyone makes choices
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Thanks Hippychick...I just feel like I led her to the lifestyle, she knew I did it for a time (but I Don't drink for obvious reasons) and said it would be a good way to make money in a pinch. I feel like it's somehow my fault.