Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

^ So pretty, dontcha think?

How is everyone?

Im wandering back in for the sake of asking a whole bunch of questions Ive probly asked a lot of people before, but... s'been a long time n I forgettt... so-

- Ever get this... sudden nauseous feeling for about 10-15 seconds.. comepletely out of the blue, n then it dissapears? Its most odd.. not linked to stress, or illness, or uncomfortable situs atall, this is somethin thats killing me confidence wise, anyone got any suggestions on what it is.. whatd stop it? Its not psychological atall, I dont buy that for a second, its far too random. But I know this doesnt happen to other people, n it never happened to me before about 6 months ago.

- Ever feel weird.. like the worlds tilting, when ya walk into a big space, like a shopping mall?

- Did somethin happen at some point... to make ya emet much worse, I mean, at what point did ya progress from being either unafraid, or afraid only when you or someone near ya is ill, to constantly worried?

-I had a fourth question but I forget what it wassss [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]nevermind.

I get the sudden nausea too. I remember getting it when I was very young in school, felt like I'd get ill, then it'd subside. Perhaps it was panic. I get it every once in a while now as an adult, usually in the morning...... I don't like it one bit.

I don't get the big space tilting feeling.

I think my emet gets worse in the fall, in anticipation of "sick season" or after any event like someone at work is ill or in my family or I hear of an outbreak, then I'm in constant worry mode. It stays like that pretty much til spring.

How about you?
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I get that too once in awhile, and I just think it's my anxiety.

Yesss. If someone near me is ill then its stress time for about 2 days... 48hours is my safe period, by which time if I havent got ill, then Im not gonna, so please dont anyone tell me its longer. lol. I dont want to know.

Hmm.. I cannot believe this sudden nausea thing is panic related, just.. cant. Its too random, to not linked to any stressful situation... any alternative explanations anyone?

I like to think it's food. Seems to happen to me when I eat eggs in the morning. Blood sugar perhaps????
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Heyy long time no see girl! Welcome back =)

Yes, I experience that nausea thingy as well. It's like a sudden pang or wave of it and then poof its gone. It's so weird because it happens for no reason. I could be laughing with my friends and having a good time but then its there and then its not. I usually just try to forget about, no use getting all anxiety over it, I reach for some gum or a mint and try to distract myself and keep with what I was doing and then poof its outta my mind.

I know what you mean, its like the world is tilting, turning, spinning, I get it when I'm in open spaces like an open feild or something. Weird. But it only happens once in a blue moon.

And I suppose my triggers, or what makes me panic/emet worse, would be seeing someone be ill or hearing that someone is ill.

I get that wave of nausea off and on too!!! It seems like it is out of the blue, and it only lasts for a bit. I noticed I get it when my hormones are raging like right before my period...LOL. Have you noticed "when" these episodes start?

Also, if I have an empty stomach, and I think of food (especially right before my period.....HORMONES) I get nauseated because my brain is saying "food, food!" Thinking or talking of food gets your digestive juices flowing which can make you nauseated.

One more thing that makes me nauseated for a short while, is when I go to bed on an empty stomach, and I lay down and my pillow puts pressure on my salivary glands by my temples, and that gets my whole digestive track thinking that food is coming, so the stomach acid goes nuts, and I get nauseated.

Those are just my weird things that make me feel that way. (along with feeling that way out of the blue from hormones) Charlotte

I've had that sudden 10 second or so burst of extreme nausea a few times.

The strange thing about it though is that it almost seemed to come from my back, rather than my stomach...weird I know..Like it was still real nausea, in the stomach and everything, but it somehow felt like it had to do with my back...

So maybe its posture/back related. I know in my case it has absolutely nothing to do with panic or anxiety; totally different feeling. This felt as if I had been punched really hard in the gut all of the sudden and went away just as quickly.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.