Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Experience with Zoloft?

My doctor prescribed me 50 mg of Zoloft, and for one week I'm supposed to take a half pill of 25 mg, then increase to 50 mg. Could you please tell me your experiences and side effects of this medicine?

I've hear that the first week could make your fear/anxiety/phobia worse. Is this true?

Default Re: Experience with Zoloft?

I have taken it twice the first time didnt even phase me, no side effects but I stopped it after a couple of months bc i didnt feel like it was doing anything, I then triend 2 year later and I had terrible side effects, I was very nauseas, very dizzy, disoriented, I felt like I was in a cloud, i jsut wasnt clear...i just stopped it...it was weird to me bc i was excited to take it bc it didnt bother me before...but everyone is different...most people i know who take it dont have side effects

my friend took it for another reason and had the same 'cloud-like' feeling. she said it put her in a fog and made her feel odd.
    but remember, medication like Zoloft affects every individual so differently. my aunt went on it and absolutely loves it, but that was for mild depression, not anxiety.
    ~Claryn :3
    Listen to my conversation with Dr. Drew on Loveline about emetophobia (warning: slightly graphic, fakey v* sound effect):
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's what I did. 25mgs for a week, and then 50mgs after that. I've been on it now for about urrm going on for 3 months.

I didn't feel anything starting it at all. When I started celexa I felt a bit strange round my eyes, but with zoloft, nothing, no side effects or anything. To be honest it hasn't really helped me that much either, but these things vary for everyone.

25mgs seems to be the good small, low dose to start on. Seems pretty standard to me and I didn't get any side effects.

With all anti-depressants and everything they warn you that anxiety and depression can increase to begin with. Apparently it's most common with prozac (a psychiatrist told me that) and to begin with you do still feel crap, but I think that is more to do with people thinking it's going to be an immediate fix, which it isn't, and then continuing to feel high levels of anxiety to begin with. That might just be me talking crap though.

Anyway good luck with it, I really hope it helps you!
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

My sister started zoloft, and was very sick with it. But she has an incredibly sensitive stomach, and she had the same reaction with two other types of pills. Everybody reacts differently, but you can use some anti-emetics with them, ask your GP.

So last night was my first night upping my dose from 25 mg to 50 mg and I was SO nauseous!! Does this go away!!? I'm afraid to take it again tonight because I don't want to get nauseous. =( Help!

i hear you...that is why i stop taking my meds...I cant get through the first couple of nights...I have found though if I take it as I am eating and then go to bed within a couple hours I am fine...DO you have a anti nausea or anxiety pill you can take with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh6870 View Post
    So last night was my first night upping my dose from 25 mg to 50 mg and I was SO nauseous!! Does this go away!!? I'm afraid to take it again tonight because I don't want to get nauseous. =( Help!
    When I upped my dosage I was just fine. You're probably just experiencing something temporary. Zoloft was really great while I was on it. I had to go off of it because my dosages kept getting higher and higher and my parents thought I was doing well enough to go off it. Now I wish I was back on it. Oh and the only problem I ever had with Zoloft was the aweful side effects of going off of it.
    ~*~*~*~*~*I'm a girl with Emetophobia... It's life~*~*~*~*~*~

I have been on Zoloft for about 3 months now. I started out on that low low dose. No side effects and it does seem to be helping. I'm up to 200 mg now. I also take an anti anxiety 3 times a day and Hyland's Calms daily to help with anxiety.

You can take some anti-emetics with them. I hope you're feeling better!