Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Experiences with Celexa?

Hey all...so I just got put on Celexa. I started it on Wed and I have been experiencing nausea, loss of appetite and insomnia...oh yea and yawning. Anyone have these side effects? Should i stop this medication? I hate the loss of appetite because i am already tiny and that is not going to help me. Oh and i was prescribed 20mg but i scored them and am starting off with 10mg because i was too scared to go straight to 20mg. Help Please :-) Thanks!!

Default Re: Experiences with Celexa?

Hey, Girl! I told you about the yawning, eh? You know, all I can tell you is try to hold out a little longer...when this regulates in your system, the nausea, loss of appetite and insomnia will go away (and the yawning). I started on 10 mg and had the same reactions you do, but then when I increased to 20 mg, it got better. i got off the meds during pregnancy, and then when I got back on, the only thing I had was appetite loss, which went away after a week or two. Eventually it increases your appetite, at least relaxes you enough to want to eat. Now I'm on 40 mg....the doc said I could go up to 60! Wow, right? But really, it's all about patience...sometimes it takes a few weeks to actually start feeling better and get rid of the side effects.

i took celexa and could not get myself through 3 days. I know people say push through but me personally i just cant...hopefully you will start feling better.

The side effects will eventually fade. You can use some anti-emetics to help, you should ask your GP. I started on 20mg, and felt a little nauseous, but now I'm up to 60mg, with no problems.

Hey, Abbi--Did you notice a change for the better in taking 60 mg? I'm at 40 mg now, but my doc said to up the dosage to 60 mg if I am still having a lot of OCD symptoms and anxiety. I'm a little nervous to do that, 'cause I don't want that "medicated" feeling. Do you get that at all on 60 mg? Has it helped to go up to that dose?