Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I'm new

Talking I'm new

So hey, I'm Jay and I am totally new to this forum. I'm 16 and have had emitophobia since....forever. I didn't actualy know it was a real phobia until last year, I always just thought it was me being odd. I don't ever say the work sick out loud but for sme reason I can type it. Every day without fail I will feel ill in some way or another. Sometimes it will just be hunger or anxiety/excitement but I can't tell the difference in the feelings (feeling sick, sweaty palms, shakey etc) therefore think I'm ill and then panic. I hardly ever went to school because of it but the school just though I was being annoying and eventually I left (I did pretty well, left in 4th year after 8 years of suffering)

It's hell for about a week before I go to a gig or anything because I get excited and nervous. I always carry mints with me cos when I was little my nan told me suckng one could make you feel a bit better if you felt sick. I think it's just become a sort of comfort blanket thing now but it helps me so hey (you can always tell how I'm feeling by how many tictacs are left in the box :P)

I don't trust meat cooked by anyone but especially chicken and cooked by people I don't know. I never EVER eat anything if it's on/by it's sell by date (which in the words of my mum is apparently 'just a guideline')

For a while after every single thing I ate my stomach felt like it was swelling up and I fely reeeaaally sick but the doctor ave me some tablets that i take every morning and it seems to have got better (I can eat without being terrified now, yay me)

I have wanted to be a vet ever since I can remember but obviously I would totally freak out if an animal threw up. But alas, there is a way round this obsticle. I LOVE horses and horses don't have a uvula (the thing that makes you gag) therefore they can't be sick. Jay the equine vet? I think yes.

Anyway I'm gonna shut up now and stop annoying you all. Feel free to talk to me and I'd love to hear how others cope with the phobia.

Default Re: I'm new

Your story sounds so similiar to mine! I always carry polos around me and my mum says she can tell i'm feeling ill if there's wrappings left out around the house. My attendance at school is pretty shocking, but that's good that you were able to leave, and it's good that you can eat properly now If you ever wanna talk, this is a really good site!

Welcome to the forum!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

welcome to the forum......enjoyed reading your post......made me laugh a few times.....you are quite funny

i keep red hots (those little cinnamon candies) in my pockets at all times......i've put on coats that i havent worn in months and find a big melted blob of them in the pockets....yuck.

bad panic nights usually result in red hots stuck all in my hair in the morning........fun!
    how i feel about emet

welcome

Horses can't throw up??? I'm getting my uvula out!!

Quote Originally Posted by alxndriamrqtt1 View Post
    Horses can't throw up??? I'm getting my uvula out!!
    Horses can't throw up... but when they get do stomachaches that are that bad, they can die from them!
    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

Welcome Jay! I'm making a wild guess here... but I'm guessing that your user name is an idication that you are also a "lostie". Haha!
    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

Rabbits can't throw up.

I never knew that!